Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax is the new king!

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Meguiar\'s NXT Tech Wax is the new king!

I've gotta vouch for Mike P. and the tech wax. This guy is the real deal when it comes to car waxes/polishes and detailing knowledge. Class act, constantly giving semenars for car clubs/enthusiasts.
The NXT tech wax is the best. It gave my car a wet, mirror-like, swirl free shine that I could never obtain before and I've tried everything.
On and off like a breeze. Unlike some others... :p

426Hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just wondering if anyone in here has used the PS21/S100 paste wax? I use it and to be honest I haven't seen any Zaino or NXT pics that look better. Would like to hear from someone that has used both to see the comparison. Here's a couple pics with the S100 on my black '03 Impala.

Well the pictures would have been here, but I cannot get it to work. I am trying to link off of snapfish.com and it works on other boards. I tried using [image] [/image] and
You must be registered for see images
tags to no avail. Any advice?

Just ignore the typical GM orange peel on the paint. I was pretty happy with the results.

Mike Phillips

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've used most products on the market and have used P21S.

If you like P21S, then you would probably really like #16 Professional Paste Wax, they're almost identical in results. #16 Professional Paste Wax came out in 1951

If you have a dark colored car and want it to look it's darkest, then you'll need someting besides P21S. It doesn't darken paint like NXT does. I'll open up my wax collection on the 15th at the Viper Detail Day and anyone can try any product I have.

I can even have a black hood off a car, or a repaint their to play with.

Mike

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

Mike P.,

Any thoughts or comments on the dust attraction with the NXT. I was happy with the results - easy on/off, great shine - but I thought that it attracted a bit more dust than I was hoping for (even more than Meguires Gold.) I did a quick once over with a Cali duster, and it seems to be better - but not perfect. Would a detail spray help or hurt?

cayenne

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Please pardon a noob questions but,

What are: clay bar, Porter Cable, Cali Duster?

Just seeing these terms in the thread...and not sure exactly what they all are.....

cayenne

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

cayenne --

The clay bar is a small bar of special flexible cleaning clay you can buy to go over your car before putting on wax. It deep cleans the finish and removes ground in dirt, etc. Look for it at an auto supply store or wherever good car care products are sold. If you use it, read the instructions carefully.

Porter Cable is a brand of power polishing machine. Some think it is the best -- but that could start a whole new thread!

A California Duster is a brand of cotton car duster that is treated to remove dust and small particles. It has a foot long handle and a pad that looks like a floor mop (or house duster) attached to it. You can also get them where you get good car care products.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Just wondering if anyone in here has used the PS21/S100 paste wax? I use it and to be honest I haven't seen any Zaino or NXT pics that look better.
Your shine is superior to the black viper pictured above? That car looks better than new with NXT. I can't imagine anything that would be superior to the shine on that black viper. Freaking awesome.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My report card on the NXT goes as follows..Ease of application A+ Ease of removal A+ the almighty shine B++ Swirl and fine scratch reducing B+ Wax dust residue A+ Price A+ Smell B- Bottle styling A- Longevity N/A. This is the easiest wax to use. I can do my car almost as fast as a quick spray detail. Good stuff!!! The best shine of them all is a complete foam pad machine buff with finesse-it, and any wax over it, Turtle wax or up, will look better than NXT if you have the skill and a day to it. That will give the A+ if you seek it...00Prowler...96 GTS...

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score

Posted before NXT is easy but dust is definitely clinging, using zaino spray in between is helping keep the dust down

426Hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mr Levin,

Yes I think that it does look better. The reflection is absolutely amazing. It looks as if my car is chrome, it's hard to tell what color it is in some pictures. If someone can tell me what I am doing wrong I will post the pics to back up my statement. I just can't seem to get them to work on here.

Hrmm, this will work if you don't mind following the link. The pics are about half way down the page. Same screen name over there.

http://naioa.com/impalabb/viewtopic.php?t=288&start=15

Donzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree, your Impala looks better!

426Hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Donzi. Somthing else to keep in mind. The major difference in my car and the Viper (besides the obvious) is that mine was done by me, a amateur, by hand, no buffers, and the Viper was done by (I assume) a professional. Don't get me wrong, the Viper looks amazing, I'm just partial I guess.

Mike Phillips

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just a note, there is still room available for this weekends Viper detailing clinic at Meguiar's.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/calendar.php?s=&action=getinfo&eventid=39

Also, for anyone in the SoCal/Irvine area that's interested, I'm buffing out a black, 1993 Corvette for this years Plastic Fantastic, please feel free to stop by to watch, ask questions.

Here's the link,

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1092

Mike