Membership renewed after a lapse & now looking for shop recommendations

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Region' started by Viper rolls, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Viper rolls

Viper rolls VCA Member - Northeast

Hey All - Today I renewed my membership after letting it expire. Long story but I got my 1/2 of the Viper back after my divorce became final on Monday!

Looking to get back involved with events and catch up. My red '05 is in great shape but needs some updates. First thing I want to do is change out my 3.08 rear for 3.55's or maybe 3.73's and maybe go with a short throw shifter.

Looking for shop or mechanics locally or within short distance (I'm in Bethesda) to have the gear and shifter changes done. I might also wrap the car, it is red now and I'm thinking another color (another story as to why) but getting the mechanical upgrades is the priority.

Attached Files:

2. ViperJeff

ViperJeff VCA Legacy Member - UT/AZ Staff Member

Welcome back

3. Viper rolls

Viper rolls VCA Member - Northeast

thanks much

4. ViperJohn

ViperJohn VCA Member - Northeast

You have some options being down in Bethesda. Tysons Corner/Ashburn area, Springfield and I do know of one other former Viper Tech, but I need to check in with him to see where he is nowadays.

Let's get through the holidays and I will have some specifics for you. Welcome back.

5. JANEY

JANEY VCA Member - Great Lakes

Welcome back!

6. FrankBarba

FrankBarba Viper Owner

Your smack in the middle of 2 very qualified people to do the updates on your viper.
    Chuck Tator & Tom Sessions.

7. Bobpantax

Bobpantax Enthusiast

The work that you describe above is not complex. It is also two different types of work. The wrap is more of an art form. The rear end gear change and short throw shifter are paint by the numbers. Assuming that your car is off any extended warranty, call the Dodge SRT help line and see who they think is the most active SRT sales and service dealer in your area. Then call and see if you can speak to the Viper tech to get a level of comfort. For the wrap, locate the highest end body shop in your area that repairs Ferraris, Lambos, etc. and ask them who they use to do wraps. The pickier the customers, the better the wraps. I have used dealers to do any and all of the mods on my SRT products with the exception of the modification of the tranny on my former Gen III. I shipped the tranny up to John Donato in Michigan. He is the Viper tranny guru. https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-donato-92712b10 I had a modified Gen IV tranny and an OS Giken differential in a Paxton supercharged environment. It worked well. Here is a link to an old thread that you may find interesting regarding differentials. http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/625381-OS-Giken-Differential-in-Viper/page4