Metal piece fell out of truck and took out front facia!

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
crying.gif
crying.gif
crying.gif
Just got onto highway following an old Ford pickup doing about 60 when a piece of metal fell out of the back of the truck. The d@mn thing bounced right into the front of my car and I had to pull over. I thought it only damaged the paint but come to find out it bent the front down a hair. Good thing is insurance is going to pay for everything damaged to be replaced new so that there's no bent or broke piece put back onto the car, even a new front facia even though it doesn't have a crack in it.

There was even a dead bird at the very bottom of my radiator I never even knew about!

OP
OP
Sniper

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bird must've been there for awhile because it looked dried up and I never did smell anything rotting.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I get so mad to hear about stuff like this. I hope you got the guys license plate number. I would make that son of a B*tch pay for it. If that metal piece went through your windshield, it could have caused alot of harm,cause that frickin a-hole is careless and doesn't care to secure his worthless crap down. I see this stuff happen all the time!

What a fricking redneck! Sorry to hear about your car.

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my '99 5 months ago and I've had nothing but bad luck with it. On the second day of ownership a 12" boulder falls out of the back of a landscaping truck ahead of me. One lane fairly fast turnaround under a highway with armco on one side and embankment on another. No choice but to eat the bouncing boulder. Smashed up the fascia, support brackets and side-sill scratches. MY insurance pays for it all. Now I'm really paranoid in this car. Seems like nobody sees it (compared to my old red RT) ... morons weaving into my lane all the time, near misses right left and center.

The piece de resistance was last Monday. Driving home from work about 7pm, fairly dense traffic on a five lane thru street and some mensa candidate punches a stop sign on my right and comes flying into my passenger side door. My car is totalled. I'll never drive it again. Can't even begin to describe how bummed and angry I am. Sometimes I just wanna get a 30/06, find a clock tower and start shooting.

Worst part is I'm seriously beginning to doubt my whole philosophy of having a nice car AND driving/enjoying it on a regular basis. What's the alternative? Buy another viper and make it a garage/trailer queen? I don't get to the track but about 3-4 times a year so that hardly seems worth it. But having driven vipers regularly since '95, I'm not sure I can stand to resign myself to some grocery-getter from here on out. On the other hand I can't bear the idea of another beautiful machine ruined at the hands of a bunch of motorized chimpanzees.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was on a 2-lane long bridge - nowhere to dodge or U-turn...

Big trailer-hitch ball comes off the rear bumper of an oncoming pickup. Closure rate 60mph+70mph=130mph.

Trailerball went thru my grille and RADIATOR like a cannonball.
Felt and sounded like one, too. This was in my Syclone and I remember that spot every time I pass it....... Had it hit the windscreen of the Viper......... RIP-JonB (thousands cheer!)

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last fall I was blasting around some good ole West Virginia roads -- two lanes, twisty, not a lot of traffic. At one point, I was coming around a turn to my left, and as I'm approaching the turn, I see an old pickup truck (the ratio of pickup trucks vs cars registered in WV must be 10 to 1!) coming the other direction pulling an open flatbed trailer of junk. The next time I glance at it I notice a tire rolling directly toward me! The road was too narrow to do much of an avoidance maneuver, and the shoulder was not an option. Fortunately, I was able to avoid disaster by speeding up a little, and the tire rolled right by the left side of my Viper, just missing me. Based upon the smooth straight way the tire was rolling, I'm pretty sure it was a wheel off the trailer itself, not just one that was in the junkpile on it.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well that realy S#CKS!! Sorry to hear about that MATT!
crying.gif

If there's anything I can do to help don't hesitate to call me!
cool.gif

FORD-F###ED OVER REBUILT DODGE
devil.gif

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a weird one.

In my Impala SS at 7am on my way to work. A tire/wheel bounces out of a mall parking lot across my lane and into oncoming traffic. A Car going the other way hits it and it comes back across the left turn lane and fast lane and smashes me in the A pillar at chest height. The car needed a door, fender frame pull at $3,500 damage.

You couldn't reproduce that kind of thing if you tried. Later I found out the wheel had the hub assembly with it as well, broke off a pick up when he hit a light pole on the other side of the lot.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend ran over a hitch in his 94 Blk R/T,at first the damage looked minor,the bill came to 18,000.His insurance worked with John B.(parts rack) and it's a new toy again.I used to smoke him in my 99R/T Blk.He kicked it up a notch with Belanger,roe racing,ect.Now were a good race!