MGW CUPHOLDER TRIM BEZEL PICS.....

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well i was not quite sure what to do with the cupholder/ashtray thingy so i at first thought of a coin holder. well it just does not go well with the theme inside the car( too bulky) . then i figured just leave it alone and use it as a blasphemous cupholder.

only problem is when putting a can of soda in the hole it does not support it very well due to its shallowness and tapered cavity.

sooooo....i came up with a neat idea. i made a trim bezel that inserts in the cavity to reduce the diamter of the opening to better support a can of soda and also dress up that void. i think it turned out nicely as it really accents the shifter bezel. the outside of the ring has 2 o-rings seated in the circumference to give it a nice snug and "SCRATCH FREE" fit to the opening.

i do not have any ready quite yet as they take about 2 weeks to get plated. i should have them ready by then.

not sure on price but i estimate it to be around 20-35.

here is a pic...

You must be registered for see images

regards
george

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a wonderful idea. Excellent product.
Is this also triple "pearl bright" chrome-plated? Or is it something else?

OP
OP
M

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a wonderful idea. Excellent product.
Is this also triple "pearl bright" chrome-plated? Or is it something else?

The one pictured is just raw aluminum but yes the finished product will be plated in the pearl bright chrome. this is just a prototype :)

also, i am considering doing the gauges also...

george

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one pictured is just raw aluminum but yes the finished product will be plated in the pearl bright chrome. this is just a prototype :)
george

Cool. That's great.
It would be nice to at least see prototypes of the gauges. Maybe get some feedback on that from everyone here before going all out.
From what I've seen since discovering the Viper forum, all your work results in high-quality products.

SMHOD

Viper Owner
Reaction score

---------------------------------------------------
Maybe when you do the gauges you can figure out a way to eliminate the reflection at night in the windshield from the upper right gauge.

Scott

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UGGHHH!!! A cupholder in a Viper, still can't deal with it, but working on it...

However, that is the nicest cupholder I've ever seen, regardless of it's home.

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George, send me one of these along with the knobs.
Russ- Man I love your Comp Coupe! What a great photo. When they built the street coupe I gotta have red with silver stripes. Awesome!