Miata Madness

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was cruising my GTS a bit this morning when the oncoming lane suddenly became a sea of Mazda Miata's. All years, all colors, wheels, roll bars, exhaust etc... There were a lot of guys actually driving these cars too :dunno: As I approached a cross street I noticed that the back of the pack had fallen behind trying to make a left out onto the rural one lane highway. So I stopped and held traffic behind me so the rest of the Miata's could make the left. We all exchanged waves as they drove by. I guess it was some sort of Miata club cruise. I didn't realize that Miata people did that sort of thing.

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not hatin on miatas but there are tons of car "clubs" that cruise around here that are quite frankly just ***. Nothing better than seeing some 1994 riced out civics rolling together. To each there own though.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Miatas. It would be nice to see 40-50 Vipers going wheel-to-wheel.

spec-miata-racing.jpg

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of our regional members that races ACRX also races spec Miata and says that it is very fun (and much cheaper). Just a different type of driving. Every time I buy tires for the Viper, I start to consider this for track days; but, I can't give up the Viper-time on the track yet !

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, they seem to be a phenomenon around here. I don't think I've ever seen a woman driving one in my town, all guys. I think they are pretty easy to mod or something, anyway I have never liked them personally but I love to see people having fun with their cars so I say good on them! Although, ricers push it for me lol :D

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Miata kick's a$$ on the track. It's like a faster go-cart... That little car is tons of fun and cheap too - break it? buy another!! Too many guys here seem to crap on these fun little cars....

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw on Gearz on speed tv where Stacey David stuffed a v8 in a Miata and it turned out like a little ac cobra with a real top, windows and other amenities that most Cobra replicas don't have. From what I recall they didn't have to do a lot of reinforcement either. I'm thinking that power to weight these cars with the 4cyl are comparable to Lotus so I guess they could be fun to throw around. To each his own as they say.

You must be registered for see images attach

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
check out youtube with miata's on the track.....its some serious driving and looks fun as hell....to jdeft1 point they are super cheap, easy to mod, awesome on the track and because they are cheap the racing is a little more ruff, i'm hesitant to bring my viper on the track because i may rub a wall or swap paint....i have had my eye out for a miata so I can have a carefree race experiencewith great competition

The Miata kick's a$$ on the track. It's like a faster go-cart... That little car is tons of fun and cheap too - break it? buy another!! Too many guys here seem to crap on these fun little cars....

AAKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Miatas = chick car

I am just sayiing...The Z4, Miatas, Porsche Boxster, SU 2000, Crossfire, and the Mercedes entry two door drop top, are cars one would buy your wife or girlfriend..;)

Woman think they are "cute looking" for a reason, come on ask your better half what they think of these chick cars?

Arthur

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V8 in a miata is a monster miata. There were 5 originally produced till other decided to copy the idea and start making them. caught on like throwing a v8 in an RX7

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favorite budget mini racer is the MR2. I wonder if they'll ever revive that car.

You must be registered for see images attach

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a couple of buddy's that race Spec Miata's and they are lot cheaper to rebuild then Corvettes and Vipers when they get tagged! But they spend just as much now for Spec Miata as some other friends that run The Spec 5.0 Camaro/Mustang groups do.
There is a companying Cali that has been putting LS1/LS6/LS7 Vette motors in the Miata's for years they even were putting them in the Saturn Sky and Pontiac Solistice. They were having to beef up the frame and suspension; one of the power packages was 600+ for the Miata's.

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my buddy's with an Gen2 RT/10 and a 69 440 Super Bee was talking about stuffing a v8 in a Saturn Sky the other day. The Miata pictured above above is called a Banshee.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
check out youtube with miata's on the track.....its some serious driving and looks fun as hell....to jdeft1 point they are super cheap, easy to mod, awesome on the track and because they are cheap the racing is a little more ruff, i'm hesitant to bring my viper on the track because i may rub a wall or swap paint....i have had my eye out for a miata so I can have a carefree race experiencewith great competition

That's why I bought a CRX race car! It's fun as hell, cheaper, and if I wreck it, eh who cares:D also the racing is super aggresive, crazy and wild :rolaugh: it's a blast!!

jjp11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't recall ever seeing a woman driving a Miata around where I live. I've seen women driving Vettes, Porsches, etc... They look like fun little cars to track, but I wouldn't want one for the street. No way.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Video Starts at 30 Seconds and is full of spirited crashes.....just imagine you viper it that situation...then ask yourself which one you would race if you know a wreck was possible (i know our vipers are at home on the track but I would feel really really crappy if I killed a viper, I know I'm not experienced on the track yet and rather not risk the viper while I can easily make rookie mistakes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm__88baUyI

This one is a awesome video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttD5xFRI6Sg

This guy gets spun out and is back in the race with no sweat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfq3ZOUa-So&feature=related

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just looked and the top of the line Miata is almost $28k which is just a few bucks short of a base Mustang GT but I guess you could get 3 Miatas for the price of a new Viper...

F

FrgMstr

If you are going to throw a V8 into a small platform car, I would suggest giving the Solstice a look with a LS engine it. "Easy" swap and much better handling characteristics than a Miata.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Miatas = chick car

I am just sayiing...The Z4, Miatas, Porsche Boxster, SU 2000, Crossfire, and the Mercedes entry two door drop top, are cars one would buy your wife or girlfriend..;)

Woman think they are "cute looking" for a reason, come on ask your better half what they think of these chick cars?

Arthur

My wife owns a Black SRT-8 Challenger 6-speed!

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to Gatlinburg TN this weekend and there was a TON of them there. We decided to take the bikes up to the Dragon and sure enough we ran into them there lol

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I have to say is that I bet the guy in the Ron Fellowes Vette I blew off (on a closed track)with my little turbo Miata probably felt like a chick after that whoopin.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4