Mirrored valve covers

holdontight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has the stainless mirror valve covers, if the are happy with them and how do they install

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5 minute install they look awsome,i sell them 250 and 200 to VCA members will post pics if you like,if you look at my avatar that is them

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
will post pics tommorow,i can be reached at Elite Motorsports of Tampa 813-294-9886,fax 813-741-0889 Scott Schenfield..vipersbyelite.com

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please tell me you have them with the Red Viper logo!
I have seen the pictures with the Blue. Nice, very nice!
If you have Red, I want a pair! **** , looks great with the Roe SC!!!

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi casey, these are laser cut around the badges, what you see are actually the color of your exsisting valve cover,in the case of the blue the valve cover was actually painted blue,i will be posting pictures within the hour..Scott

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have these valve covers been stripped and polished or have they been stripped and chromed? I believe that these covers are made of magnesium and if they are just polished, they will tarnish very quickly. My recommendation would be to have them chromed or clear powder coated. The intake header is aluminum and will also be difficuly to keep polished if not coated or chromed.

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the Viper valve cover is made of magnesium,you cannot chrome it as it will for lack of a better term MELT,you can polish them, unfortunately it will soon oxidize,so basicly there are three solutions,1- design a new one. 2-leave it alone,3- what we have done,make a mirrored polished stainless steal overlay lazer cut to perfection,not to mention a grrrrrreat deal,now for the intake,if you can find someone to plate it let me know i have sent them to the best in the buisiness(california chrome)cant be done, at least where it would last or not take a chance of getting copper,brass or chrome into the runners and introducing them to your cylinders(not a good thing)however we do have them mirror finished polished and coat them with a special clear that does not take away from shine,have put them on many cars including many on this board,no special polishes just wipe it off wala no maintenence