Misfire on cylinder 2 suggestions on 2002 GTS

Viper Fever

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been having some issues with my 2002 GTS Roe supercharged Viper. Right now the code is a ( po 302 cylinder 2 misfire ) I just bought
new wires from ABs wires , Changed plugs I even changed the computer . The only thing I haven't done is the coil packs . Is there anything
else I should check. My Viper has 15,000 miles on it when you drive you can definitely feel that it is not firing on all the cylinders. The
number 2 spark plug when you pull it out is wet and unfired. Thanks for the help.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure the #2 wire is sending the spark to the plug? Can you check it (for arc) while disconnected with the engine running?

AAKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct if the wire boot is not on all the way ...and if no click was heard when intalling it.. might not be 100% on.. check all of them..and coil pack for that bank might be as you mentioned deprecated. I had the same problem with #4 plug not firing and becoming wet on my Vette two years ago..Coil pack went south..

Arthur

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Injector could be stuck open with some crap lodged in the pintle...Put a noid light on the injector and make sure its getting power too. If the noid light flashes normally, and you have spark when checking the wire, I'd say an injector has an issue...ergo the CEL its throwing.

OP
OP
V

Viper Fever

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Grounded the spark plug to the engine hooked up too number 2 wire and I have great spark. Took the car around the block
and still runs bad. I put a new Vec on reloaded the card and still runs like crap. Tim or Bottelfed was with me.
EllowViper will look at the injector and trie that as well.

OP
OP
V

Viper Fever

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pulled the Roe blower last night ,going to send the Injectors off and have them checked and R&R d. While the blower is off
Tim ( Bottelfed ) Had a extra coil pack and going to put that on . Anybody Know of who is good on the Injectors . While everything is apart
going to check all connections ect. Thanks for any more input.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had 1Tony1 do my injectors about 2 years ago as I had them off the intake and figured why not. I think it was $10/injector. They were cleaned,flow tested, etc. and came back with a report. If you decide to remove your injector for cleaning or replacement, you will need new injector o-rings. VPA has them for $6 (1 kit per injector).

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Tony do mine as well. Just one thing when you get them back...the solvent used can make them stick shut. So make sure you get a spare injector connector, an intermittant switch, some alligator clamps and a battery so you can hook each one up and cycle it on/off making sure its working. All 10 of mine were stuck shut and I didn't figure it out until after reinstalling the entire ROE back on the car. PITA. Lesson learned.

OP
OP
V

Viper Fever

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just sent the Injectors off to Tony Armour. Thanks for all the replies in a few weeks will let you know the outcome. Ellow thanks for the tip on cycling the
Injectors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang