Misfire without any codes?

VinnyRusso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me start this by saying, yes... I am posting this everywhere I can in am attest to get my new baby running right... so... HELP!!

Let's see if we can solve this.

2001 RT/10

30k miles

Cat delete, no other mods.

New Wires, new plugs, new battery.

Top of motor rebuilt, new heads (completely rebuilt), gaskets, etc

reason for overhaul was drivers side had two valves that the seals blew out of.. for unknown reasons.

upon initial startup after completing assembly, engine began popping, misfire style, only on drivers side of motor.

No Engine lights (OBDII) but threw a P0320 (Crankshaft Position Sensor) on the PCM system

Replaced the sensor, no new codes, but still misfiring... Intermittent but only on drivers side.

I pulled wires one at a time, while running, no noticeable difference.

I still need to pull compression, but I can't see why it would be off.

It seems fuel or electrical.

Could it be coil pack, but no codes?

What would cause a misfire, but not piss off the diagnostic system?

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check your firing order. Check spark plug gaps, Check plug wires.

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Checked wires twice... was going to pull plugs (which are new champion, gapped @ .35) next.

Ok, you checked plugs, but did you check the ORDER they are plugged in (hence firing order), sounds like a classic swapped plug cable issue.

OP
OP
V

VinnyRusso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, you checked plugs, but did you check the ORDER they are plugged in (hence firing order), sounds like a classic swapped plug cable issue.

That's exactly what is SOUNDS like... but not only did I check the order twice... I even swapped out my NEW wire with the OEM wires (Dated 2/01 BTW)

Still popping.

I called Chuck.... He said it could be injector fouling... I can hear them clicking with my scope, but who knows what the spray could look like...

I'm gonna post a video... Hang tight...

OP
OP
V

VinnyRusso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like I got it...

I reset the PCM... I had the car sitting with no battery while I was working... when I put everything back together I couldn't properly prime the fuel system.... I didn't know about setting the TPS, so I was fluttering the throttle to get it running...

I set everything properly, and we are good to go!

Thank you everyone for your help!!!

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's exactly what is SOUNDS like... but not only did I check the order twice... I even swapped out my NEW wire with the OEM wires (Dated 2/01 BTW)

Still popping.

I called Chuck.... He said it could be injector fouling... I can hear them clicking with my scope, but who knows what the spray could look like...

I'm gonna post a video... Hang tight...

Sorry, didnt meant to sound like a penis, not knowing your tech level i wanted to make sure you understood the reference. Glad its figured out :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456