Modded SRT/10

SRT#655

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, you must be the only person I have heard that wanted REAR exhaust Most of us thought it's not viper without sidepipes........
Just my 2 cents
RTV10
VCA#0460

TomMiriViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like rear and side exit exhaust. The new car is supposed to be a whole new animal. I would have to wait and see what's new on the agenda.

Cheers,
Tom

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets hope they did something with the aerodynamics. How can a 450+ HP car only go 188MPH? Because it is drag limited. Does anyone know if the new Viper spent any time in the wind tunnell. I dont think the ond one did.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it has spent some time in the tunnel. Do you need to know how much? Actually, I would like for someone to e-mail me the link from above so I can send it over to the designers of the SRT-10, can some do that please?

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Lamont:
Lets hope they did something with the aerodynamics. How can a 450+ HP car only go 188MPH? Because it is drag limited. Does anyone know if the new Viper spent any time in the wind tunnel. I dont think the ond one did.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The SRT-10 has a full belly pan WITH a built in rear diffuser, Net affect is it ***** itself to the ground.

Side pipes make this a little easier to accomplish .... No production car this side of the F1 has this level of Aero.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The picture's cool......but.....

How do you get a ragtop on that baby? Are you suggesting we go back to the "old toupee"?

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I as well was wondering where the heck the convertible top was gonna go. This Viper is all new and will be loved just as much and possibly more than the car it continues. I like both the rear and side exhaust, can't beat the howl from the side pipes under hard acceleration. I like the deep throaty sound of the rear exhaust. I can't wait to drive one!

Perhaps some sort of removable sports bar as opposed to a fixed bar and removable top. Would provide a versatile Viper, Now the Aztek would have some real competition!
Craig

OP
OP
O

OrecaGTS-R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the soft top, they did it with the previous models so it can be done again but we will all just have to wait and see what happens with the VGX cars. Another thought that crossed my mind was if people like AutoForm will create the roll bar for the new SRT-10? I'm sure someone will make an aftermarket piece.

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello;

As a fellow Viper owner I would like to say that I too miss the rollbar on the new VGX. Before you flame me for what I am about to suggest, please think about it first!

BEFORE I owned Vipers, I owned and loved Porsche 911's. yes, all that has changed! However, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the 911's TARGA top is a thing of beauty and simplicity! It goes on in less than 30 seconds, and fits very well.

The top is for the weather, not for racing. That's why we buy the hard-top for our RT-10's. When I want to get out of the rain, I don't care if I can go 80mph! I just want to stay dry.

The targa idea is not bad at all if you have ever used one, and it sure beats the toupee' hands down. We could still be offered a more serious molded hard-top for high speed driving like we have now. as you RT-10 owners know, the toupee' is a major headache!

Just my 2cents

Jim

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like your version of the new Viper.Although I like the look of a side pipe car.Its a shame they sound so crappy.Maybe the electronic mufflers on the new car will be able to produce a decent sounding exhaust note. Bruce

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jwwii,
The think about a hard targa top is that you can't take it with ya, I would much prefer a complete convertible Viper with an targa bar that is able to be put on the car, then with that a soft top or hard top could be offered for rain purposes. Like I said, make it versatile if you have to, but i serioulsy doubt anything will change from what is already presented. And I'm **** happy with that.

Craig

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Craig 201mph;

The Targa top I was referring to was the soft folding kind with snap in place braces like the 911 Targa came with. REALLY easy to install, and secure. Like I said before, this concept would give us a great rain-top, give us back the roll-bar, and still accept a molded performance hard top.

Sorry if I didn't clarify the Porsche "Targa" top. That's what came with mine in years past. I wish the Viper had used one of those instead of the Toupee'. The Dodge Toupee' is a very sturdy critter when you get it assembled (after you and the wife are good and soaked, fighting and frustrated). Just kidding, but I have not ventured out to the drive- in on many a questionable night because I didn't want to *%###@ around with that thing.

I agree with you craig, the roll-bar is sadly, probably history. I will miss it on my (hopefully) 03'.

Sincerely,

Jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang