Modded vs Stock

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok Brothers.....this should produce a few opposite oppinions. Which do you believe has a higher resale value, a bone stock Viper or one that has been heavily modified (with at least S/C or T/C).

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heavily modded car will not get your money back for the car.... many people will remove them and sell them separately. A car with low miles will give you the highest resale...... but you will NEVER really get to have much fun.

I will have a thousand times more fun racing my car at the drag strip and driving my car!

If you are looking for a very good return on your money, buy stock or land. Buy a Viper to have some of the best times of your life.

Cudaman :usa:

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with above...major engine upgrade by top tuner and you'll probably break even if your lucky but It will be harder to sell due to finding the right buyer..all other mods are for just for you...keep original oem equipemtn so you can sell off mods seperately..

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:I will have a thousand times more fun racing my car at the drag strip and driving my car!If you are looking for a very good return on your money, buy stock or land. Buy a Viper to have some of the best times of your life.
AMEN
sadly Stock sells faster :(

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Casey and Shelby3 are absolutely correct. The mods you've mentioned have a value to them, but most used buyers look at the age and condition of the car firat....that's what makes the car appealing and establishes a value. If the car is modded and in good shape, well taken care of, it will produce a higher price to the right buyer. However, there are still a high percentage of buyers that want bone stock or will accept basic bolt ons (tubes & filters, maybe cat back, maybe gears) but no true engine mods (like s/c). You have to find the right person to have a chance of getting the right price...that's always been the used car market philosophy.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone above is hitting it right on. I think a lot of buyers would like to have a modded car but are concerned with the unknowns. How hard was the car run? If the owner went to all of the expense to mod it, they certainly must of "tested" the mods to their fullest. Also, were the mods done correctly? What about service? If the prospective buyer doesn't live near the tuner (if it was done by a tuner) and there is a problem, who is going to service it?

As stated, finding the right buyer for a modded car is the hard part. Finding a "gently used" stock car is the easy way out for any buyer, even if they intend to modify it themselves.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant