Modified SRT -WHAT A CHANGE - but.....

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well after having all the problems with the car (valves and fuel injection system) robbing me of power (rwhp 425), I decided to send the car to Jaso_ Hef_ner for ported heads,cam,header,air intake,exhaust system,flywheel, B&M shifter and diffential change to 3:55 gears. Wow what a difference! First, credits must be given to Jason, what a pleasure to deal with someone like him, he really is a honorable man and a quality tuner. The changes on the car were incredible, especially from the seat of the pants driving. These upgrades really changed the aspects of the car that I was looking for. Some of the best upgrades were the least expensive, B&M shifter with the MGM short knob handle and the 3:55 gear change. However, two items I din't care for was the exhaust system, made by TNT and the cam upgrade. Not that they weren't high quality but I prefered a quieter car and less vibrations at lower idle which was created by the new cam. I know that most viper owners like the more expressive exhaust system but I found it to be annoying, yes for a few minutes it sounded neat and cool but then the newness wore off and the noise became undesirable. Also for the cam I wasn't pleased with the rumble and shakiness it made sitting at an idle. Again I know this might be unViperish but just telling how it was for me. Now as for the power that was gained from all the mods, that was great. Got to love the extra hp and still wanted more. The car was definitely different when it came to pushing you back into the seat from a stand still and what a difference when shifting from 4th to 3rd when the occasion calls for it (road kill on a 750 R1 Yamaha). Well, after dealing with that kind of power there was no way I want to let go of that but the noise and shakey cam had to go. Don't worry we have a solution to get the hp back and then some. With all this said anyone wanting a sharply reduced Air intake, header and exhaust system give Jason a call.
BTW, even with all the problems I have had this car is still a great deal at $85 big ones.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol...I hope one day with hard work I can say "this car is still a great deal at $85 big ones". Hey, it's something to work for.

OP
OP
K

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lee, your right - Thought the system would be smoother on the idle and not as loud. This was the first time I had heard or driven a modified car like this.

SMHOD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kenvw,
Since you had the gears installed first I have a few questions.
1. Was there a very noticable increase in acceleration?
2. Was there increased gear noise?
3. Did the engine seem to over-rev at highway speeds.
4. How much did the gears cost?
5. How much were they to install?
6. Who manufactured the gears?
7. Where did you buy the gears?

Thanks,
Scott

OP
OP
K

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
" Since you had the gears installed first I have a few questions.
1. Was there a very noticable increase in acceleration?
2. Was there increased gear noise?
3. Did the engine seem to over-rev at highway speeds.
4. How much did the gears cost?
5. How much were they to install?
6. Who manufactured the gears?
7. Where did you buy the gears? "

Answers
1. Huge increase - but I am sure that was also due to the hp increase - maybe someone can define the value of the gear change in hp feel (possibly 100 hp?)
2. Very little
3. No
4&5. Price was part of a package deal - but I think the price for parts and install was around $900 most of that costs comes in the install.
6. Do not know
7. I bought them from the Tuner but I do not know where he got them from.

SMHOD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. I reread your post and realize now that you did not get to drive the car with just the gear change. Could you please let me know how to contact Jason.

Thanks,
Scott