mods

special ed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 96 rt/10 with 7000 miles and i was looking on what to do to it.Havent drove it except to test drive it and bring home and put in storage,its cold and crappy in chicago.Looking for some mods to do to make sure that the car runs nice. I dont know, will a new z06 give me a run, and if it does what do I need to do so that doesnt happen,first time owning a fast car. Had everything else but now getting into a few cars.It is going in to have the recall done on it and sense its winter i might as well spend some money and get some stuff done will its there.Looking for some input on what the car will do, and what i should do to it, gears,mufflers,what would help or do i not even need to worry about a z06.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The search engine is a terrible thing to waste....
wink.gif

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Relativley inexpensive and safe, a nice shot of NOS or NX installed properly and setup per the instructions is almost always enough to ensure you will not be passed by anything on the street.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See mods below (signature) for what is needed to stay ahead of the Z06 girlie car
supergrin.gif
. I also agree that a small shot of NOS would be the lock for the win!

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what? can't drive the viper? not like the streets are full of snow (as of tuesday) that my plane left 3 hours late that night out of o'hare. j/k.

i agree with jason. nothing like a shot of laughing gas to get those pesky zo6 guys to disappear in your rear view mirror. you need to hook up with Too Fast. maybe he will take you out in his venom spitting machine.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Choice on RT..... I just picked up a 96 RT Black/Silver Stripes.

I did a base line dyno run with smooth tubes and K&N filters. Figures were 395.6 RWHP and 462.7 RWTQ.

For mods I am starting with the 3" Corsa exhaust (sitting in my den waiting to be installed).... while I am in there I am going to eliminate the Cats.... apparently on the 96 engine it is OK and will not cause a computer problem.

Next up will probably be 1.7 roller rockers, then headers.

You will enjoy the RT... I drive mine EVERY day..... I live in Florida... It is actually more comfortable to drive than the XJ-S convertible I previously used as a daily driver.

Good Luck,
Lance

WwBVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich from Naperville IL.
HI Ed, welcome to the club. Call tooofst this is our game plan on my 1996 RT/10
in about A month 1 3/4 BB headers, 3inch high flow cats, 3inch Corsa 3inch
viper exhauxt with 4inch tips and A 355 rear end just to start with A Mopar rear spoiler to keep it on the road good luck and drive safe.
P.S keep the wind to your face.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Lance,
Are you going to do another dyno after the install of the 3" cat back and removing the cats? If you can, do it to keep a base line of mods and what you get out of each addition to the car you do.

Mike

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, that's the plan.... a dyno run after each mod.

I bought the Viper with the smooth tubes and filters...... but I'll have data for each mod from there.

After the exhaust mods.. I plan to do the 1.7 rockers.

Lance