"Momo steering wheel install"

fe155

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\"Momo steering wheel install\"

Awhile back someone had a question about airbags and aftermarket steering wheels.All i can provide is my experience in the installation . I decided to go with the Momo "trek" it has all the colors of my car.. red band across the top and a red bottom spoke at the 6 o'clock position and the red is done in a suede material with "momo' embroided across the top in yellow. the rest of the spokes have a brush stainless look and then the outside is black leather , cost about $215 . A couple of regular tools remove the stock wheel but a puller is needed ($10 at harbor freight). You must remove the clock spring as it contains the wires for the air bag and horn.
The adapter that came with the wheels was disappointing because it had no good provision for the horn or cancelling of the signals (the inside of the clock spring cancels them).Well i like things to work so i took the aluminum
hub adapter and drilled two 3/16 holes at the 8 and 10 o'clock position and pushed in two matching roll pins to hit the plastic tab that cancels the signals. One problem solved . The horn was tricky because you basically cant use the new button except for looks. I did not want to put a separate button or drill any holes in the dash so i looked for a switch that is dispensable.
To me it was the windshield washer switch , its an inch and a half from the steering wheel and you can hit it without taking your hands off the wheel.
The switch is a ground so i found the wire clipped it and attached the horn wire.But the switch turns on the wipers for a few seconds so i cliped that wire also . second problem solved . It was easier than it sounds . would like to post a pic but im not that smart yet.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

i did a momo install, millenium edition. thnx for the tip on the turn signal bit, ill give it a try. what size roll pins did you use?

OP
OP
F

fe155

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

i believe it was a 3/16 pin but anything close will work
as long as the drill bit is the same. if you make a mistake you can ways rotate the hub and try another part of it. you should be able to tap the pin to the correct height to make it work but mine works fine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper