Mopar computer swap

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Mopar PCM upgade on my 09 ACR. However, it wont pass emissions testing. It is designed to bypass or not read some of the emission requirements. Question? What would happen if I reinstall the stock Pcm? The car has headers, Hi-flow cats, smooth tubes and K&N filters. Will the stock PCM throw a code with theses mods?
The big question is: will the stock pcm required to be reflashed for the car to run, and what will happen when I re-install the Mopar pcm after disconnecting the power to it. Will it loose it memory/ that was programmed to initialize it? Will that have to be reprogrammed again to make it run correctly? I am tryiny to find a simple solution to get it passed inspection. NH.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I have heard you can just swap back and forth but I would assume that with the mods and stock PCM installed you will probably get some codes.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No re-programming required to swap back. You will have to drive the car for a while (include freeway driving) to get all the emissions test run flags set before you go have it smogged. This will also tell you if you have any codes (if the dash CEL lights up). It may be OK with those mods if the cats are in very good shape and all O2 sensors are installed and working. There are also some adaptive tuning variables stored in the PCM that will fine tune as you drive-- another reason to put some miles on it before the emissions testing.