Mopar Street Exhaust Tip keeps moving!

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I had the Mopar Street Exhaust installed a couple weeks ago, minus one pair of cats, by Roe Racing. Great folks (David, Sean, Ed, Mike, etc.) and I cannot say enough about their knowledge and customer service!

However, the passenger's side tip keeps moving up and touching the inside edge of the sill opening. I heard a clank the other day from that side and prior to it the tip was fairly centered in the outlet. I called David and he got me in yesterday and they tack welded the tips in place, after moving them downward. But when I get home the driver's side is fine and the passenger's side has moved back up!

So, could it be that the clank I heard was from something further forward, such as a muffler clamp? I had them install the insulation so we could not see the whole system.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep it from moving up? For what it is worth, the hot/cold fore & aft movement is fine.

418viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the exhaust cools does it remain touching the sill opening? Or does it return to the installed position?

If it remains touching the sill when cool you more than likely need it readjusted and tack welded at the muffler clamp, or clamp to the cat, somewhere.

If it returns to the normal position than the movement is probably caused by heat expansion and they need to position it better when hot.

OP
OP
viperbob

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The link works for me - I put it in a folder here at work since I do not have a web page of my own to post it on.

I just talked to Roe Racing and they are going to work on it as soon as I can get the car there. Once again, great bunch of people there and they are not happy until the customer is 100% happy!

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like a non-issue since Roe is taking care of it. It is expected that side exhausts need some tweeking for heat expansion. Based on Roe's reputation they will take care of you.

OP
OP
viperbob

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, no doubt they'll keep trying until it is right - some exhausts are just a bit more finicky than others.

But if anyone wants to see it drop me an email and I'll send you a pic.

Bob Z.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not agree with welding the tips into place until you have driven the car for at least 20 miles to get the exhaust real hot so it has expanded to where it is going to end up. I clamp the tips and mufflers into place with heavy duty muffler clamps, not the band type that moves. this way you can readjust the tips and then if you feel it is needed you can weld them into place. I have posted instructions on my web site on how to install exhausts systems ans shifters.

http://www.members.aol.com/AtroRacingTeam/PRODUCTS/AtRoRacingsProductCatalog