Mopars missed out on...

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a long time between the Viper and other MotorParts products....quick story for ya.
I remember in 1986 my older brother (who started the Dallas MoPar Club) and I found a 69 Daytona in great condition at an apartment complex...Mom and Dad said $3,500was too much for it...wow!
Oh well, as a junior in HS I already had a 71 340 shaker Cuda and 70 Air Grabber 440 car to choose from to drive every day to school..still blows my mind!

Who else, let's reminisce...

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had 3 Mopars in the past.Dark green with black vinyl top 68 Charger , 383/727 TF tranny.Bought the 72 Challenger 340 4spd new for DD duty. In 1974 I bought a 68 Barracuda 340 Formula 4spd convertible for $750 for my then wife to learn sticks:smirk:.She couldn't ,so I drove it for a couple of years :drive: and had a dilemma which car to sell .Really liked the Challenger for its styling so ended up selling the Barracuda for $1500 .Little I knew then there were only around 2500 verts made with 4spd.Should have mothballed it and sell it at BJ auction later.:rolleyes:

Here's my Challenger with aftermarket slotted Keystone wheels sporting new 'Manhandler' radial tires.The original F70 bias tires sent me to a 360 spin once,so they had to go.:lmao:

You must be registered for see images

Note the fuel filler at the same location on my Capri as on my 99 GTS ,hehe !

Car is two weeks old in this picture

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up a '72 340 4 speed 'Cuda in great condition for $2K in 1989. The next year my father got a 4 speed AAR Cuda for less than $4,000 and then got a '71 340 Cuda conv. for aout the same price. My brother bought a '72 Challenger around the same time with a very strong 318 that had the rally package. We still have all of them, and I know I've had some great memories with those cars. I picked up a 340 "X" block T/A motor that was built by Maurice Petty for his brother Richard to use in the Busch Grand National Series that was never put in a car. Shortly after it was finished Richard went to Pontiac and never used it. Maurice did a great job of detailing all the specs during the build and when he dynoed the motor is was putting out 590 hp. A guy named Jim Hale bought all of Richard's Hemi motors to use in his drag cars, but he had no use for the small block that came with the Hemis, and I picked it up from him for $4K. I saw the writing on the wall and started snatching up 340's whenever I found one, and now I can pass it all down to my son (he's 9) and daughter (she's 6). Hopefully, they'll enjoy muscle cars as much as I have.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Still enjoying those times. I`ve built a dozen 440 A bodies. From 12.2 (street trim) to mid 9 sec cars. I`ve owned every Muscle Mopar built except only 1 Hemi and no 68-70 Chargers.

440 Duster Resto-mod - ViperClub Classifieds

Price to buy this Duster is 66% of value. Enjoyed my (3) 440 fastback cudas a lot. My 9 sec cuda would pull the wheels 10`before I switched over to automatic. RTs, GTXs and Road Runners were all fun but the 600pound weight savings of the A bodies were the ticket!

Ted

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery