More fun with CPE TT set-up - a mere 1200rwhp on unleaded fuel

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please note: I'm not a tuner and I don't let other people tune my car. I do it for fun. Even though I could just pay someone (Like J Reed) to do it for me. I say that b/c this graph isn't perfect. But it sure makes for a heck of a street car.

Since Gary's car is done, and mine is almost done... here is the skinny:

I've been experimenting with Superchargers for a while and decided recently (after abandoning my own self-inflicted project) to go the TT route with Paolo (CPE). And I couldn't be happier with that decision.

Sure, he'd have liked me to have a pro tune it, but i'm a stubborn @ss and did it myself. took me a little longer, but I got nothing but time.

This is with 18 deg of timing and 15psi. Note that the overlay graph is of my old Paxton set-up. You can see where the power comes on and how.

This car is not done being tuned. The car went lean at 5200rpm b/c the gas tank was amost empty and I didn't have any more 104 unleaded laying around and neither did the shop. so we had to call it a day. The AEM showed it lean earlier but the dyno said 5200. Not sure which to trust. anyway... here are the in-progress results. Can't wait to get this sucka turned up to something closer to 20psi...

9121-med.jpg

More to come...

JD

OP
OP
J

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same boost #'s... 15psi. to a T! the SC tune was "on-the-edge" and this was quite conservative. AEM is easier to tune than the other set-up once I finally figured it all out. Which I haven't. but I can do fuel and timing pretty easily...

JD

futureacrowner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's coming along nicely man. But one thing i'm curious about. Did it lose fuel pressure on the top end? Running low on fuel in the tank won't hurt anything unless the pickup goes dry and it loses pressure.

Glad to see you got the ignition issues sorted out.

OP
OP
J

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely lost pressure. you could feel it in the line and see it on the data-logging. it wasn't pretty. you could hear it in the pump too... it whined a little more than normal. oy!

JD

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
damn you Joseph....
I weas going to go with you to the first race and place some side bets...MAN..I thought this was a secret...Congrats on those numbers, I was VERY impressed with the runs I saw a month ago and to be honest I've never seen a dyno at those numbers..
Congrats again,
Todd
call me I'll tell ya about the shocks..

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats JD! Man I wish that beast would have been together when I was in town. That graph is sick. It's interesting how the power comes on at different levels vs. the paxton. Awesome accomplishment :2tu: to do it all yourself.

Viper TT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice numbers jd. glad to see you have almost everything worked out. time for a bigger pump.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo knows his stuff that is for sure. I am still waiting for him to bring his TT Viper to a meeting so he can take me for a ride. Very nice #'s JD

futureacrowner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow losing fuel pressure at 1200hp is SCARRY!

I have a couple ideas for tuning changes I'd like to see/try, but other than that it's coming along great. Congrats man.

OP
OP
J

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for their support!

It has truly been a blast building this thing. I couldn't have done it without the stellar and ongoing support of people like Paolo, Doug Levin (he was probably the primary motivator for me to do the project), and John Lamont. These guys were all instrumental in giving me the support to pull it off.

The Tuning is pretty much all that is left, and it is coming along nicely. I have a few minor things i want to do, but that is like any project... there is always more.

And thanks for the support to those of you whom I forgot to mention above. it is late and i'm zonked so off to bed...

JD

futureacrowner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you really need 1200HP to beat the ZO6?
Congrats.

Beat.. no. But when you run across that guy in his 600hp bad ass C6Z who thinks he's the gosh darn man... And then proceed to walk him like he were tied to a tree, THAT is what makes it all worth the effort. He goes from thinking he's gonna school this viper, to being dumbfounded on what just unfolded, and sulking in the $80k hole in his wallet. :buttkick:

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta... /officespace

Go get em' Joe :headbang:

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you really need 1200HP to beat the ZO6?
Congrats.

Beat.. no. But when you run across that guy in his 600hp bad ass C6Z who thinks he's the gosh darn man... And then proceed to walk him like he were tied to a tree, THAT is what makes it all worth the effort. He goes from thinking he's gonna school this viper, to being dumbfounded on what just unfolded, and sulking in the $80k hole in his wallet. :buttkick:

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta... /officespace

Go get em' Joe :headbang:

Futureacrowner, great perspective! :2tu: :headbang: :buttkick:

OP
OP
J

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't need all that power for the Z06, but when I show up at the EVO dyno-day, i want to make sure that the combined power output of all of their cars is still under that of mine. :)

Big props to Paolo for putting up with my [******] and supporting me along the way. He has a killer system and anyone thinking about a TT should talk to him. He over-engineered the CRAP out of this thing. It really is a work of art. I am constantly impressed with the design.

Joseph

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang