More Opinion after first look

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know this should probably go on one of the ca-jillion threads we already have on this subject, but what the heck.

I withheld my opinion on the new SRT until I saw it in person.
I agree that all of the pics tend to make the car look different from different angles, some better than others. However seeing in person is believing.

DC had a demo/show car at the Viper Nationals/Chrysler Classic in Norwalk, OH this past weekend. Granted, this car has made the show circuit and definitely had a few laps under it's belt, but strictly from a design standpoint. . .I wasn't impressed. The five other people I was with at the time. . .weren't impressed.
Although the crowd was light at best and more interested in the racing, there were never more than 1 or 2 people casually gazing at the car as they walked past the display. Never saw anybody going ga-ga.

The interior did look nice. However, are they using a digital odometer now? Also, if you plan on using the pseudo-cupholder as a cup-holder- better make sure you cup is at least half-empty as it isn't very deep and you will spill going around a corner.
laugh.gif

In addition, it seemed the DC folks running the display were disinterested and it felt like I was putting them out by asking questions and sounding interested (and before you ask, it wasn't because I was being critical)

I have no idea what "version" of the SRT this is or if it is the final "version". However, DC is proudly displaying it for some reason. All else aside, it still has impressive performance numbers and of course, I would take one if you were to give it to me, but I gotta say after seeing it in person, I give DC a C+/B- at best. Not that my opinion really matters. . .just more feedback from actually seeing the car.

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
posted 08-26-2002 01:37 PM Back to the top

--------------------------------------------------------------

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venemous,
Not trying to flame you....just happened to read the other post by Joseph right before reading your's. I really hope the the Viper community can come together on this one! I, for one, am a huge fan of the SRT, but I have to say that a coupe would be a HUGE plus...Oh well, I'll try to get my SRT in 04..unless a coupe is due in 05!

Zach

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
venmous:

I don't think we'll feel that way in 2005!
BURNOUT.gif

I can't wait till the SRT is transformed into a GTS.

OP
OP
V

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I'm feelin' kind of sheepish after being nailed by "commoditybroker"; I forgot all about that! Geez, kind of scary someone would read this post and vividly remember something I wrote 3 weeks ago.

That being said. . .yeah, I really liked what I saw from those pictures that Joe posted, and I prefaced by saying that the pictures we've seen can either look really good or really average.

This is an updated point of view after seeing the car in person.
Trey - I hope you're right about the GTS!!

Again, not trying to start any arguements; just offering more feedback.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude