More Questions....color??

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rarity? Hmm. I'll always get red so someone else will need to help you with that one.

Top removal. Toss a couple towels along the windshield frame to protect the frame from scratches. You WILL scratch the frame if you don't.

BTW some purist may take offense to calling the current RT/10 a convertable instead of a roadster. Personally, it's not that big of deal as long as there's no cupholder(reference to another thread
laugh.gif
)

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of the Gen II cars, stripes were available as a factory option on RT/10's only in 1997 (the aforementioned blue-white). Solid color availability through the years:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>1997 -- Red, Viper Blue w/white stripes
<LI>1998 -- Red, Silver
<LI>1999 -- Red, Silver, Black
<LI>2000 -- Red, Steel Gray, Black
<LI>2001 -- Red, Race Yellow, Sapphire Blue
[/list]

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
http://www.viperclub.org/IVR/vin.html has answers.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Rad:Tony,Wow, 53 blue/white RT's in 1997 sounds rare to me.Does anyone have a breakdown list by year of what vipers were manufactured in what colors and numbers? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my book, the rt/10 is definitely not a convertible. I've had other "targa" cars, but they weren't convertibles. To me a convertible has a top that converts to a folded rag in the back, nice and easy. Hey, they call the BMW Z a roadster, but it's a convertible to me. The rt is more like a Supra Targa or a Porsche Targa (which I've had), so I would consider it a targa or a roadster (loosely), but not a convertible - like my Volvo C70 is. Of course, taking the top off is a conversion, hmm.

But, then again, who cares - as long as it's a Viper.
BURNOUT.gif

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to weigh in on the Roadster vs Convertible issue. A Viper RT/10 build prior to 1997 is a Roadster..1997 and newer is a convertible. As for an "official" defination; roll up windows make it a convertible.....side curtains make it a roadster.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas