Most Annoying Things About Owning a Viper

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok i get this all the time it was cool at first cause of the attention but now please....back off!

1- everyone has a starring problem
2- people asking how much did it cost
3- how fast does it go
4- how fast you have been in it
5- all the worse drivers wanna race you and cut you off
6- crowds around it when parked having dinner at a restaurant
7- people leaning on it for a photo opp
8- everything automatically cost you more, repairs, hop ups and valet parking places
8- cops on your butt all the time waiting for you to make a wrong move
and im sure there is more that i can't think of right now.

i guess if you think about it though...life must be good being a Viper owner cause everyone is after you for something. :2tu:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't think there was anything bad about bein' a viper owner.........?????? :confused: :shocked: :confused:
crap, now I'm gonna have to pay attention to all the comotion goin' on!!!!!! :eek:

rather drive :2tu: :headbang: :2tu: :usa: :rolleyes:

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That you can never ever leave the car alone not even for a second because so low-life, ****-bag gutter bug will do something to ruin your day.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, in the idea of goodwill and fairness, I will take any one of your Vipers off your hands. If it's that much "trouble", I will make the sacrifice of living with a Viper...lol

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Francisco, Yes, it's a heavy burden to bear, but we do it on behalf of our fellow man (and woman).
I let a 19-yr-old sit in mine last fall and you'd think I gave him the key to the city.
Plus, we like you too much to upset your life with the "Viper Attention Factor". I went from being *** Wee Herman to Brad Pitt with the turn of a key.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Coming from the five boroughs I can only imagine how you must feel when the car is out of your site!!!

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The most annoying thing about owning a Viper is living where you can't drive it because of the horrible weather :(

NatRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The most annoying thing about owning a Viper is living where you can't drive it because of the horrible weather :(

My thoughts exactly. I can deal with people looking and asking questions. But not driving it for months at a time really *****!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Most annoying thing about owning a Viper? Seeing the Viper market go into the tank because of low-balling buyers and stupid sellers. Does no one realize that WE, as VIPER OWNERS, can control the majority of the selling market? If even 1/4 of the selling market pulled their prices up, the market would recover. There is NOT a ton of Vipers out there, and HUGE part of them are on this site. Supply and demand...supply and demand. Enough of this low-ball/quick sell BS.

Rant over.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Most annoying thing about owning a Viper? Seeing the Viper market go into the tank because of low-balling buyers and stupid sellers. Does no one realize that WE, as VIPER OWNERS, can control the majority of the selling market? If even 1/4 of the selling market pulled their prices up, the market would recover. There is NOT a ton of Vipers out there, and HUGE part of them are on this site. Supply and demand...supply and demand. Enough of this low-ball/quick sell BS.

Rant over.

Totally agree!

I get sick of idiots who want you to peel out in a crowded lot or try to get you to race in heavy traffic.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Final - While I understand your passion for the Viper, a buyer is out there for two reasons. 1) getting a Viper 2) getting the lowest possible price. The problem you run into with any product is when you try to charge "what si right", the product might not sell. What's worse: A) selling a Viper at a low price or B) not selling anything because vehicle is not "market priced"?

( Keep in mind I am 23, and am looking for a Viper...LOL )

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daniel, you are spot on. We owners control the market. I've been wanting a new SRT, but I won't take $55K for a perfect '02 GTS w/3k mis. I'll stick with mine before I'll eat so much on it. I don't care what they're going for on eBay.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get sick of idiots who want you to peel out in a crowded lot or try to get you to race in heavy traffic.

and the problem with that is???????????????????????????

the problem with that is someone can get hurt!! an innocent driver with his family in a mini van or something can get real hurt over what??? a lil ricer trying to prove himself cause he already feels stupid cause he doesnt have a viper and probably will never get to feel the power us few have???

i seen some guy bounce off a divider a few weeks back trying to race me and luckily there were no cars on the freeway on 1 am on a sunday night. if there were cars around there would of been a big mess like the one on NASCAR 500 today with the 12 car pile up.

jramey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my most annoying thing is when my wife parks her car in front of the garage and how lazy I am that I dont move it. not even to drive the viper
john

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I didn't want to start another thread on this, but this seems like a reasonable price for a 95 to me. I mean reasonable from our (as owners) perspective. Your thoughts?

I know that green is probably the least popular color so that may influence the selling price.

Only part that was interesting about that Viper is the ad clearly states "No Paint Work" - yet the side sills have had the original black painted silver. Also, what's up with the sneaky pete logo below the emblem? Lastly, sounds like a scam when they say they are offering a 100,000 mile engine warranty from Autosave - some kind of "snakeoil" coolant additive.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My concern with Viper prices is that DC doesn't support the product's exposure. No ads, no promotion with the magazines, lack of support for Viper Mag, no promotion with Speed announcers, etc., etc. The best way to prop up the market is to increase the exposure to potential buyers. I don't know how many times I hear the comment, "Where can you buy one of those?" when people see my car. DC has got to figure out that at least some of the existing Viper owners would buy newer models if they got a fair price for their existing car. DC's feeling seems to be that they have a captive market and they don't need to do anything to cultivate it -- you know, it seems that Studebaker and a few other models used to think that way too. Oh well, at least the new GT40 is a coupe!!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I didn't want to start another thread on this, but this seems like a reasonable price for a 95 to me. I mean reasonable from our (as owners) perspective. Your thoughts?

I know that green is probably the least popular color so that may influence the selling price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6209&item=2460865534

It is a reasonable price just due to the Mileage. Though, I remember back a couple years ago when you would have had a hard time touching ANY Viper for much less than 40.

What ****** me off more than a depressed market is how far depressed the NEWER Vipers are. 99-02 have taken a HUGE hit. I mean, WHAT THE HELL? you can buy a 2002 for 5K more than a 98!?!?!? There is DEFINATLY SOMETHING WRONG WITH THAT.

SnakeCharmer99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Daniel:

I agree with ya but what are we supposed to do about the falling market? I've had my baby for sale for months now (1999 GTS Black w/Silver Stripes and Cognac interior) and the best offer I recieved was $43,000. The problem is everyone wants one with no miles and as cheap as a Yugo! Black Book lists that a 99' should go between $57-60,000. Now if I tried to even think about that price I'd be laughed at. Any suggestions?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As a single person, you cant do anything. However, get a LARGE percentage of the selling Viper owners to raise their prices, and others will follow suite. The other problem right now is way to many people are looking to "dump" their cars, rather than wait around a while. Viper owners are "pushovers". They get a lowball...and they take it! If a lot of Viper owners would just step up and say "nope, no way I am selling under XX,***"- AND STUCK TO IT, we could change things. Hopefully springtime will see a change.

As said above, we also need to get more exposure. Does anyone here even comprehend what MANY people THINK about our cars?!? the RUMORS have taken over, and truth no longer prevails. Didnt you know a stock Viper is slower than a Stock Vette/Cobra, Etc? Didnt you know our cars cant handle AT ALL? didnt you know they wear out before 20K miles and thats why there are so many low mile cars? didnt you know that they fall apart? It is insane.....

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the reason you see prices on the GTS's not corresponding with the year built is they did not make many noticeable changes from 96-02. If they look the same and make the same HP, the question when purchasing is condition/mileage/color. If a 96-97 is worth high 40's why pay a premium for a 98-02 with the same miles and condition. I paid top $ for a 95 Green/Tan which now has 2,400 miles. I was hoping to sell it quick in the high 30's and did not get one bite for even 31K. May be best though as now I am going to try even harder to hang on to it. I can't take that kind of loss and I love this car.

SnakeCharmer99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hard to get eveyone on board to raise prices. Just look at what most dealers are doing. They advertise 02's in the low 50's. How as a private seller or sellers going to compete? And there will always be jaber-jaw folks bashing our cars. Ever notice they do not have one themselves though? You just can't make the feable minded understand.

SnakeCharmer99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, not a bad price for what you are getting. But I'll bet this guy doesn't get his reserve. I've been watching Ebay (like others) and nothing is selling for even close to what they are worth. Hardly anyone is even getting their reserves these days. Not to mention, with a roll bar, it's hard to insure. Most companies will not touch a vehicle like that or make you pay extreme because they will rule it as a "racing vehicle". And you can forget about any type of extended warranty.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know if a heavily modified car sold by "some dealer" will ever give a consistent price. Could be a clapped out ***** or a steal. Who wants to pay top dollar and find out?