Most Annoying Things About Owning a Viper

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Love ALL these annoying nuances :headbang: The car is more than I ever expected.
Only ONE thing sincerely bothers me...and ALOT. The cockpit instrument lighting reflects off the windshield during night driving, even when rheostat is very low. IMHO...I find this WAY TOO distracting and consider it a serious flaw. AM I SOLO on this one?!?!

OK guys tell me it ain't so and SLAM me!

Joe you are right on with this one. I like many of the things others are calling annoying. Attention is all part of the Viper game. But the one thing I know I do not like, is the ill designed gauges that reflect off the windshield. That is an annoyance.

Another would be that I can’t get AC out of the vents I want because it is a dual HVAC system.

These are just annoyances… Nothing big.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never used two spaces in my Vipers. If you treat it like it's a museum piece, people will notice, get ********** and damage it just to 'teach you a lesson'. Last time I parked a 911 turbo slantnose cabrio (THE car before Vipers came along) in the back row of Sams Club, someone intentionally rammed the 1/4 panel (probably in an old truck) and left. If I had parked it between two other cars, what's the worst that could happen? Keyed?. Since the Viper is plastic getting dinged isn't a worry.
My most annoying thing is when you don't feel like giving the whole 'how fast is it' Q&A session to a bunch of kids. One time three kids came up to ask if a Honda Accord can beat a Vette. So much for our edge-u-macation system.

tealviper94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree that owners need to be more responsible when selling there cars. With the dealers! look at it this way. as long as viper owners don't trade their viper in on another car. (Big Mistake) Then dealers wont have the cars to sell which then gives the market back to the owners.

As far as extended warranties on older Viper! I was able to get an extended warranty on my 94 from the dodge dealership just last October. Pricey- yes. $3200 for 4 years 65000 miles. This paid for itself after having the head gaskets replaced.

Anoying things!
1)Everybody thinks your rich and try's to charge you more.
Example- doing home addition. contractor quoted 19K for addition. Purchased viper. he saw it and now the price is 34K. looking for new contractor.
2)Every Jacka$$ that drives a ricer, BMW, and Mustang wants to race me. :)
3) worry every time that I park it at work, store and mall. That either the car will be stolen, keyed or broken into.
4) Having to wash and wax it constantly so it always looks like a million.
5) People asking if their kids can sit in the car.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anoying things!
1)Everybody thinks your rich and try's to charge you more.
Example- doing home addition. contractor quoted 19K for addition. Purchased viper. he saw it and now the price is 34K. looking for new contractor.
2)Every Jacka$$ that drives a ricer, BMW, and Mustang wants to race me. :)
3) worry every time that I park it at work, store and mall. That either the car will be stolen, keyed or broken into.
4) Having to wash and wax it constantly so it always looks like a million.
5) People asking if their kids can sit in the car.

I don't mind near as much when the kids ask if their MOM can sit in the car :D

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
senior citizens yelling at you coming up the block at no more than 10 mph telling you to "slow down and bring that car to the highway if you wanna drive that fast". that was the new one today...

GTSTF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O.k., no comment needed here from the peanut gallery (RT/10 guys) but don't any GTS owners get annoyed at how HOT the cabin gets?

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FROM THE PEANUT GALLERY, LOL, SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A RT/10,
OOPPPSSS, sorry about the caps i know how some get about
them :headbang:

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O.k., no comment needed here from the peanut gallery (RT/10 guys) but don't any GTS owners get annoyed at how HOT the cabin gets?
That is why we have a/c in our GTS's. If it is too hot for you go buy a Vette. :p

GTSTF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]That is why we have a/c in our GTS's. If it is too hot for you go buy a Vette. :p

[/QUOTE]

yeah, good point. anybody have a vette they wanna swap for my GTS?

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you on the "slow down" people. I had one lady practically stand in front of my car in a neighborhood to make sure I didn't go fast, I was hauling ass out of gear at about 12 miles an hour at the time. What can you do?

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you on the "slow down" people. I had one lady practically stand in front of my car in a neighborhood to make sure I didn't go fast, I was hauling ass out of gear at about 12 miles an hour at the time. What can you do?

I had this old guy actaully walk into the street, get in front of my car and stop me, stick his head in my car and start yelling at me. This of course was on the delivery date of my DLM car, and I had just felt my first every 2nd through 3rd gear pull on a side street. I deserved it, as I was going way too fast. He even called the cops and they were outside our community gates from what my contractor told me (as he was leaving my neighborhood.) D'oh!

-M

S

SUN RA KAT

Since my Viper is yellow, I have the entertaining problem of women throwing underwear at me while shouting "Oh my god ... that is the coolest car and the coolest color! ... Please, Mr. Viper owner, take my underwear as a token of my appreciation for you and your car ... and here is my phone number for later"

Shoot! I bet that's what all those women were trying to do with me, but I was going too fast to catch their ******* and phone numbers. I think I'll drive slower from now on.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Biggest Pain in the Ass is the rubber on the rear tires keeps evaporating for unknown reasons. Also objects in the side mirrors tend to disappear.

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got that pre-emtive yelling at too when I was just driving normal on a side street. I was pretty disconcerted. I showed that old bag what "non normal" driving was like with my car.

Frank Barefield

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The difficulty in locking and unlocking the doors using the key fob in certain areas where there is apparent radiowave interference. When one wants to get out of the car and lock it, sometimes (more often than not) the key fob won't work. If one puts the fob as close to the drivers A pillar as possible, sometimes it locks, then you can't get the fob to unlock it. This was also a problem with my 1997 GTS. Same situation even with a new battery in the fob. Sometimes you move 1 car space and it works fine. :confused:

Make no mistake, however, I love this car. :2tu:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the reason people yell at us for speeding (when were not) is because the car looks like its doin 150 mph when its parked

and i hate it when people don't know what it is (how do you not know what a viper is?) and they guess is that a vette? one guy called it a jag lol

99GTSACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The other day a young boy said to his dad, "Look I think the Batmobile has just arived" as I drove in the parking lot with my black ACR.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya know now that you mention that i heard the same thing batmobile yet my viper is red lol

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A woman at my job ask me what car is that? She goes on to say it looks just like the vette I used to have. I say to her this car is nothing like the vette you used to have or any vette for that matter and it drives nothing like vette. I did notice that people that don't know what the car is think its some form of a vette. Its not that I dislike vettes it that I can not see any resemblance whatsoever.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yea like most people unfamiliar with the car she goes what does that cost around $35,000. I say why don't you double that and you'll be closer to the mark.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol i agree totally i do not dislike vette's either but it looks nothing like a vette whatsoever.
besides the money issue u brought up vettes are so much cheaper.

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I once heard a lady say to her husband "That guy must have not had any Hot Wheels when he was a boy."

Also heard a little girl ask her sister if she would ever drive a car that looks like "that".

Those have to be the only negative-type comments I have gotten about the Viper since I owned the car.

Any negative comments by men is jealousy! The only serious negative comments can be by people who have no clue what they're talking about.

WCKDVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I grew up without much money and was once one of those kids asking to sit in every cool car I saw. No one ever really obliged and most just said "go away kid". To this day I think they were all jerks. I always let people look at the car, sit in it to take pictures, answer their questions, etc. You should try it some time and see the look on their face, the joy you see is hard to explain. While you are at it, take the neighbor kids for a ride. They will never forget you!

There was this kid that was hanging out every week checking the cool cars at the local burger joint. I took him for a short drive and then took a picture of him sitting in the drivers seat of my Viper with his camera. The next time I am at the burger joint, this same kid comes up and shows me his album of cool cars he has been collecting for quite some time. On the cover is the shot of him grinning from within my Viper. How can that be so bad?

We should all consider ourselves very lucky to be owners of such a cool car. And lose the "attitude" while we are at it.

Regards,

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I grew up without much money and was once one of those kids asking to sit in every cool car I saw. No one ever really obliged and most just said "go away kid". To this day I think they were all jerks. I always let people look at the car, sit in it to take pictures, answer their questions, etc. You should try it some time and see the look on their face, the joy you see is hard to explain. While you are at it, take the neighbor kids for a ride. They will never forget you!

There was this kid that was hanging out every week checking the cool cars at the local burger joint. I took him for a short drive and then took a picture of him sitting in the drivers seat of my Viper with his camera. The next time I am at the burger joint, this same kid comes up and shows me his album of cool cars he has been collecting for quite some time. On the cover is the shot of him grinning from within my Viper. How can that be so bad?

We should all consider ourselves very lucky to be owners of such a cool car. And lose the "attitude" while we are at it.

Regards,
Nice write-up. Thanks for sharing. :2tu:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Regards,

I like your style!!!!!!!!! :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WCKDVPR:

Very well put. I am the same way. Any kids interested in the car are free to go for a ride and sit in the car and take pictures. The joy that you receive is like no other!!

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
That is definitely one of the cool things about owning the car, in fact on one recnet trip back from religon school with my 8 year old I had to give 4 of them rides, now the moms & dads say the kids dont stop talking about it :laugh:

The negative has been some of cops I have had to deal with, waiting for a bad move.. :p

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell me about it. Those cops are pains sometimes. I get followed quite often just for the heck of it or get pulled over just for the heck of it. "So why did you pull me over?" Answer: "Just running the plates or just making sure everything is okay." GEEZ!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi