Mother of all Viper collections for sale

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live sort of close to a place called Nelson Autogroup. They are the largest Lamborghini dealer in the midwest and possible the U.S. Well, they also have a Nelson Dodge which has always had nice Vipers which I would go and look at growing up. I checked their webpage recently and look at what I found:

I can't believe, 17 of the 20 are under 100 miles and never titled. Almost sad to see Vipers like that never driven, but dang that is one impressive collection for sale.

http://www.nelsonautogroup.com/collection.htm

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! He's got it all! I'd give my left nut for all of those cars! He should have taken them to Barrett Jackson! Everything is going high there this year!

OP
OP
B

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called and inquired about the price of the 96 blue/white gts. Basically he is looking for sticker price. ~66k. The guy I spoke to said the plastic was still on the seats and it still has the "pace car" stickers inside it never touched.

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow...thats the most impressive collection I've seen yet. I wonder what he wants for that 97 blue/white RT/10. Those things are super rare...

Gives serious collectors a second chance at buying these machines "brand new"...

Nice link, thanks :headbang:

Reaction score
Are you saying that 97 blue/white RT/10 came like that from the factory? If so, how many did they make? First one I've seen.
Oh yeah!! Only 53 of them. I missed my chance at one last year....one of what I consider the biggest F-ups I have made. :( Life goes on. :)

Reaction score
Hmmm, look at the large picture of the yellow 95 RT/10. It looks like there is a part missing...sport cap maybe?? I am not a roadster guru...but I can tell when something doesn't look right. :)

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
blue/white RT is something else, checked it out in person at a Viper meet in Tampa last year, real nice.

have to wonder buying a 96 GTS with no miles and 8 years what condition the seals/gaskets/etc. are in, agree?

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Blue and White RT is my favorite combo..When I was looking into buying an RT the only Blue and White RT I could find had an asking price of $55K. Waaaay to high for a 97.

Cheers
Jeff

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An acquaintance of mine recently had a Blue/White RT/10 which was totaled when letting someone test drive it. I think it was the best looking RT/10 color combo I have ever seen.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried going up there once since it's only a few minutes away from my house (maybe 30 minutes). Ended up that I went the wrong direction on the highway and ended up at another dealership (Ricart) that had Fords, Chevy, Isuzu, Mazda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, etc. So I spent the rest of the day with some cool salesman that showed me the Mazda RX-8 and 3, and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo. But once the weather gets better, I want to head up to that dealership. And since I got a digital camera for Christmas, I'll see if I can get some pics for you guys.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you get a price list and send it to me when you visit the dealership? I traded in my GTS for an SRT and am seriously thinking about getting another GTS. Thanks. Bob.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen a blue/white R/T in person. It is a great looking car! I thought the gy was full of crap when he told me it was original. I've learned a little since then.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called and inquired about the price of the 96 blue/white gts. Basically he is looking for sticker price. ~66k. The guy I spoke to said the plastic was still on the seats and it still has the "pace car" stickers inside it never touched.

If he's looking for sticker on all these cars the collection should stay intact for another 20 years or so ;)

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If he's looking for sticker on all these cars the collection should stay intact for another 20 years or so ;)
I definitely agree with you on this. $66k for a new 96GTS? So you either:
1. Keep it new----->bad investment, better places to park $66k.
2. Drive the car and after a few thousand mi, then it's worth $50K and you just lost $16k.
Bottom line: List prices on these cars is too much in todays market.

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The guy (Owner I assume) - never replied to my email from this weekend. Guess he wants to sell as a group. I only inquired on (2) cars.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know he wants $150K for the GT2. You would only pay that if you thought it would some day be collectible...NOT!

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The guy (Owner I assume) - never replied to my email from this weekend. Guess he wants to sell as a group. I only inquired on (2) cars.

He will sell 1 or all.Greg is really a good guy,a real viper fan.Based on my conversation with him today,he is negotiable on most cars,but not all.Im sure he will deal if someone really wants one of them.He operates one of the top lambo franchises in the U.S.,and seems to be a real car guy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang