Moton...MCS Remote Reservoirs...Post Up Your Pics

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am contemplating adding the MCS shocks with remote reservoirs to my 08 Convertible. I am uncertain as of now as to how I want to mount the remote reservoirs especially the rears.

For those who have done it or have this setup on your car could you post up some pics please.

Thanks

Ron

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Ron,

Funny we hook up here.

I slip them into the trunk through the vents behind the fender liners in my coupes.

There are other options.

I think you could slip them into the trunk area through the rubber "covers" above the rear shocks and avoid drilling in a convertible.

I mounted mine in the wheel wells in my 2004 black convertible, fabbed some perches and welded them in. Inside the trunk is better as you can access them for adjustments and service easier.

Also, Tom Nader makes or made some really neat canister mounts. Mark Jorgensen will know if they or a good substitute is available.

Good luck,

Dan :headbang:

OP
OP
H

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dan

Just trying to see what my options will be before I pull the trigger. Not drilling holes would be good. I need to investigate the anatomy of a convertible trunk a little more. I have been talking with Mark. Thanks

Ron

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Here was the way I mounted the Moton's in my '05 using the Joes racing coil mount. Had to drill a hole in the bottom of the trunk tub to slide the shock through (I did not want to disconnect the line and then have to refill). Used a nutzert to hold the mount to the trunk tub. Need to be VERY CAREFUL as the gas tank is right behind the trunktub.

You must be registered for see images attach

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are my brackets. Look in my gallery for more pics.

Currently in production on the front brackets which will include a cool new update...

OP
OP
H

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you use a 2" hole saw? What is a nutzert?

Here was the way I mounted the Moton's in my '05 using the Joes racing coil mount. Had to drill a hole in the bottom of the trunk tub to slide the shock through (I did not want to disconnect the line and then have to refill). Used a nutzert to hold the mount to the trunk tub. Need to be VERY CAREFUL as the gas tank is right behind the trunktub.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mounted the rears just like Dan in the trunk, they sit in the corners under the carpet and don't move. 1st picture below shows what you need to do to get the lines through the panel to the trunk. 2nd picture (not the best, shot to show the oil resevoir) shows the fronts under the hood with Tom Nader's mounts. Get his mounts up front, the only alternative would be to ziptie to the cross brace. Good luck, Mike

DSC028021.JPG

DSC003972.JPG

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran my rears the same as you RedTan on my coupe but the verts dont have the vents in the trunk like the coupes do. SO a 3" hole has to be drilled to get them in the trunk of a vert.

OP
OP
H

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike thanks for posting.

3" hole :omg: I was thinking around 2" but you are probably right since you have been there done that. Where did you drill the holes in the trunk?

Ron

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a few questions, maybe someone can help me out.

1. I like Nader's brackets up front. How much do those run? Do they use existing mounting points somewhere or do you have to drill holes to mount his brackets?

2. Rears on the convertibles BMW mentioned he drilled. Viper X mentioned he thinks they can be slipped through a rubber covers above the shock (no clue what or where that is) maybe someone can confirm?

3. Rears on the coupes you can slip them through the vents without drilling? RedTan has them stuck into the corners, no drilling or mounting screws?

Id like MCS/Motons in my coupe, however I'd rather not drill holes if possible. Some brackets up front and rears tucked in the corner would be ideal. If I am understanding everything this possible correct?

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had mine placed on the rollbar

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a vert you can slip them thru the rubbber boot above the rear wheels but then your canisters would be in your conv top area. Th ONLY way to get them into the inside of a completely sealed conv truck is a drill bit of some size. You may be able to use a 2.5" bit but I remember measuring and think it was actually closer to 3", I actually went with a 4" hole and just ordered two of the big rubber grommets that go above the rear wheels and cut a slot in them for my hose to pass thru and it still looks pretty stock since there is another identical grommet 1 foot away. Plus when I remove them the hole will be well sealed using the same rubber grommet. But if some one has a coupe and doesnt wat to drill any holes for mounting them its easy. Use the existing rear wheel well vents and lay them under the carpet in the rear and for the front wire tie them to the cross bar.(Nadars front brackets do require drilling holes to mount).

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im sorry I didnt take any pics when installing and my canisters are mounted so I cant pull my inside carpet back for a pic. But if I find myself pulling a rear wheel off any time soon I will be glad to snap a few pics.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a few questions, maybe someone can help me out.

1. I like Nader's brackets up front. How much do those run? Do they use existing mounting points somewhere or do you have to drill holes to mount his brackets? $100-$150 for the fronts, can't remember? Only alternative is to use zipties, get his front mounts. Yes, you do have to drill a small hole each side for the fronts, see the last picture in this response.

2. Rears on the convertibles BMW mentioned he drilled. Viper X mentioned he thinks they can be slipped through a rubber covers above the shock (no clue what or where that is) maybe someone can confirm? On the top of the rear shocks is a rubber cover, see the picture, post #8 in this thread.

3. Rears on the coupes you can slip them through the vents without drilling? RedTan has them stuck into the corners, no drilling or mounting screws? Here's a picture, you need to use a round file and create a space in the corner so the line will fit and the cover will close. The material you file down is some sort of composite that you can easily file. (No screws are need, but you'll need to ziptie the lines in the rear so they don't rub against any suspension parts, 2nd picture).

DSC02792.JPG

DSC028031.JPG

Id like MCS/Motons in my coupe, however I'd rather not drill holes if possible. Some brackets up front and rears tucked in the corner would be ideal. If I am understanding everything this possible correct?
To mount Nader's front brackets you have to drill a small hole on each side. Again, the only alternative is to ziptie to the cross brace

DSC02801.JPG

OP
OP
H

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my Motion Control Shocks installed and WOW is all I can say. Car feels extremely planted, rides like a dream and doesn't try to rip the wheel from your hands when going over pavement transitions.

Good experience all around as I bought the MCS shocks from Mark Jorgensen @ Woodhouse. Mark gave me a good price and also helped with giving me a starting point for ride height. Fast delivery and I was a happy camper when these showed up.

Next, I got the cannister mounts from Tom Nader here on the forum. Tom was great to work with and these are quality parts for sure and work extremely well.

I did hours and hours of research here and read every post about installation of shocks with remote reservoirs multiple times. I also bugged anybody and everybody through *** to get all the info I needed.

I really wanted to get these installed soon, so called up Mike Carrasco @ Mike's Viper Performance in Murrieta CA. He knew how excited I was so set me up for a Sunday install. For those of you who don't know Mike, he is a factory trained Viper Tech starting in 1992. Mike made everything seem so easy and the installation was done in about 4 hours. It only took that long because of yours truly, measuring over and over for the cannister locations.

Big thanks to everyone who helped out with this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks awesome Ron, glad I could help with the MCS's they are truly a step above anything out there for handling and ride.

For those of you that have trusted me with the purchase of the (new by name only) MCS shocks, thank you for the confidence in my one and only choice for shocks. I strive to only offer the parts and service that we run ourselves and expect from a manufacturer. Bill and I have had that philosophy from day one here at Woodhouse. I would encourage others that are on the fence about shocks to improve the enjoyment of the Viper (or any of your performance cars) to try them, you will not find a better way to improve the overall feel of your Viper.

Just a reminder that the manufacturers in Holland are on "vacation" now and I have only a few sets on the shelf, so don't hesitate if you still want them for this seasons driving.

Reaction score
Thanks again Steve I know you will get just what you're looking for out of the MCS's. Call me anytime for the setup info and if the shop needs me just call, you have the best number there is. :2tu: