Moton...MCS Remote Reservoirs...Post Up Your Pics

OP
OP
H

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks awesome Ron, glad I could help with the MCS's they are truly a step above anything out there for handling and ride.

For those of you that have trusted me with the purchase of the (new by name only) MCS shocks, thank you for the confidence in my one and only choice for shocks. I strive to only offer the parts and service that we run ourselves and expect from a manufacturer. Bill and I have had that philosophy from day one here at Woodhouse. I would encourage others that are on the fence about shocks to improve the enjoyment of the Viper (or any of your performance cars) to try them, you will not find a better way to improve the overall feel of your Viper.

Just a reminder that the manufacturers in Holland are on "vacation" now and I have only a few sets on the shelf, so don't hesitate if you still want them for this seasons driving.

Thanks Mark

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Steve you will love them, ive bumped up to 500 lbs front and 1000 rear, and the car still rides very good. I may move up to a higher rate, suggestions Mark?

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve you will love them, ive bumped up to 500 lbs front and 1000 rear, and the car still rides very good. I may move up to a higher rate, suggestions Mark?

Mark's the expert but here's my $.02. I think alot depends on how much tracking your doing? For the street 500/1000 has a good ride, I think the factory ACR's on KW's are set at something like 550/1075? I'm running 700/1300 but I mostly track my viper. At 2 of the tracks out here you hit 150 plus so the aero is generating a ton of downforce. Springs are fairly simple to swap, maybe keep a street set and a track set. good luck! Mike

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice doesn't even begin to describe them...you can just tell these are some high dollar pieces. The springs are surprisingly small too...coming from a Camaro, these springs are about half the size. At least I don't have to worry about using a spring compressor this time around to disassemble the old stuff like I did on that car.

And if by "bonus" you mean a lighter wallet, I most definitely got that ;)

OP
OP
H

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The MCS shocks give you full ajustability not only in ride height but also in dampening and rebound. The remote reservoirs allow for better overall shock function.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The canisters are nitrogen charged, this helps with "lifting" capability and is used to fine tune the rebound and compression characteristics. More pressure will tighten the compressing settings and less pressure will do the same for rebound so the adjustments they are capable of are endless. They also house the blow off valving that helps traction/control when encountering a large sharp impact.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Figured I'd add a few more pics to this thread:

Fronts:

You must be registered for see images attach

Rears:

My primary goal was to have easy access to the adjusters, and in the back, I wanted to make sure I left enough room for the tire inflation kit. Overall, I'm pleased with how the install went, and Nader's brackets look as good as they function. I won't get a chance to drive it until I get my wheels back (they're being refinished at the moment), so I'll have to be patient. Hope these pictures help someone in the future.