Motons are in Finally!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I finally got around to installing the MotonClub Sports with Eibachs. I purchased them from Mark at Woodhouse and had them installed by Chuck Tator. After many conversations with Mark he convinced me the Motons were well worth the price and after getting some decent seat time I completely agree with him.

The motons are more compliant over bumps or rough pavement and more responsive at speed or cornering. Traction and weight transfer seems better as the car now launchs hard and straight from a stop and from a roll. At speed the car doesnt follow ruts as much as it did and it tiight but not jarring. The adjustability is great and the lowered ride height just makes the car look 10 times better.

I had Chuck lower mine a full inch at each corner which I think is perfect. others may like it lower but I think this height is the best for real world driving and the roads here in NY. No rubbing or ground clearance problems but speed bumps and steep driveway aprons are a problem now.

If you have debated installing them, I suggest you call Mark @ Woodhouse for his opinion. He is extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

Here are some pics. I plan to take some better pics soon.
DSC06668.JPG

DSC06667.JPG

DSC06665.JPG

DSC06666.JPG

DSC06674.JPG

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pics are a bit deceptive. There is roughly 1.5 inches between the well and the tire. Any lower I would be concerned. Also you are supposed to maintain a half inch rake front to rear, that would mean i would have to drop the front lower and that isnt going to happen.

All in all very happy. I highly recommend them. Now i just have to finalize how I am going to mount the cannisters permanently. I am not big on the Zip tie approach at all. I have some ideas I am working on.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good, Nader. The larger wheels never look too good on the Viper until you lower it, IMO. Now your SRT looks perfect. Nothing like the look of a lowered Viper.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yep, looks great.

Some guys go way too low.

Issues like ground clearance, poor handling and problems at high speed are produced by going too low.

Dan

Viper 24

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just curious if there is a noticeable difference between Motons and Penske? I went with Penske and love the set-up. There is definitely a bias to Motons, what am I missing?

jm

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about the difference between the two but what I do know is the lack of information and real world reviews for the Penske set up. In researching suspension options prior to my purchase, I found numerous posts and detailed information about the Motons. On the contrary I did hear about Penske but I couldnt find any information at all. Also there are some peformance dealerships who swear by the Moton set up both on the street and track (woodhouse) and Motons are found in the comp coupe.

We a simple decision.

How are the Penskes? Where did you purchase them from?

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just curious if there is a noticeable difference between Motons and Penske? I went with Penske and love the set-up. There is definitely a bias to Motons, what am I missing?

jm

The Moton setup is nice because it offers a true bolt-on upgrade. With the Penske setup only a very limited number of shops actually know anything about them. The Penske system offered by Eric at EMS is the best setup out there PERIOD. When each Penske system is ordered, they are custom valved, and if you do not know what you are doing, you will not have an optimum valve setup. I personally like the Penske 8300 and 8700 series shocks over all of the Moton offerings, as they offer a wider range of adjustment and the build quality is great. I did however need to machine out my own aluminum rear fork mounts.

Viper 24

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Valaya Racing installed my Penske suspenion. The car was corner balanced and it handles great. I believe Valaya only installs Penske, so there are several Vipers in the Bay area with this set-up. I haven't heard that many comparisons, thus my question. But I am 100% satisfied with the Penske system and would recommend it to other viper owners. I think it is slightly cheaper than the Motons, believe I paid $4100 for the package and balance.

jm

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Some of the preference towards the Motons seems to be their support of the Viper Racing League and excellent service reputation.

They also make very good products. I have three sets (in three cars) and all work very well.

Dan:drive:

ssnaked

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I installed eibachs and motons in my 2006 coupe. I also added the comp coupe sway bars. It is well worth it. It is a totally different car on the track. It is the way to go.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
finally got around to mounting the rears... Found a 2 inch bracket that works. Just polished it... Need to find some nice finishing bolts.
DSC06930.JPG

DSC06936.JPG

DSC06934.JPG

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woah.....I thought your car was gorgeous before...A simple thing like dropping it and it looks soo much better....Gotta make it out to Captree and shoot the new setup....Looks great man:2tu:

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. Look forward to seeing you there sometime. Have you made it out lately?