Motons are Ridiculous!!!

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never dreamed that a slammed Viper could EVER ride like this!!! From the ground to the top of the rear fender well openings is 27.5" and the front is 25.5". Somehow at this slammed stance it actually rides better than it did stock and it sure rides better than my previous eibach/spring cap vipers(im pretty sure its even lower than my eibach/spring cap vipers too).

I started out with the front set at 3 clicks from soft and the rear at 4 clicks from soft and it rode great(a little better than stock) but you could still feel the bumps. Well I went on a 150 mile ride Sat night and played with the settings about every 20 miles until I found the perfect settings. Full soft on the front and rear!! I figured what the heck may as well try full soft and within 1 mile down the road I was smiling from ear to ear and eyes wide open in dissbelief. The entire way home I kept reapeating to myself "you get what you pay for". I can hardly even feel any bumps in the road now even now I cant believe how great this car rides. Its something you have to try to believe.

Even this low and at full soft it takes a hell of a huge bump to get the rear tires to rub the inner fenders and even at my current setting my previous eibach/spring cap vipers would rub the rear inner fenders even more. Just thought Id let ya'll know how amazing these things are and if you are ever thinking about buying a set but not sure please try it you will be happy you did. So many times I find myself saying you get what you pay for and with motons Ive never meant it more.

BTW I totally forgot to measure the top of my fender openings in stock height so Im not sure how much I lowered it. Can someone take the time to measure the front and rear ground to top of fender well openings on a stock height gen3 or 4? Thanks

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think approx 3 fingers in front and 4 in back if no-one else steps up to the plate(thats fenderwell to tire)

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
probly not bad full soft for just crusin around non aggresively, just have to get aggresive and see how it feels

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue I have barely 1 finger in the front and just over 1 finger gap in the rear. Still be great if someone could put a tape measure to their stock suspension car and post the numbers here?

The car on full soft still handles even better than it did with stock suspension. It feels more planted in the curves and in fact theres one more thing that has me baffled. With the motons on I now find a lot more traction and all my wheel hop is gone(and I had some pretty bad wheel hop before)???? These babies are worth every penny and more:headbang:

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By all means the handling is even more precise when you crank up the dials but for just cruising its stupid not to take advantage of the great ride these things offer on full soft. I can assure you when I go out and ride the twisties with my buddy and his ducatti or if I ever find myself on a track/road course/auto cross she will be on full firm and the best part about motons adjustability is all you have to do is open the trunk and the hood for about 15 seconds:2tu:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Told ya'.....:D

Were you able to get a good alignment and counter-weighted?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant beat the performance and stance. The Motons are an amazing package for the Viper. The best mod besides my current which is under construction....

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i saw the penskes last week and they looked amazing, choice looking stuff- they had viper shocks on display

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya'll were right def worth the wait and aggrevation. I know motons or motion what ever they are called now will always be my first mod on future vipers.
Im sure Penskes are better but its hard to imagine the ride being even better on the street. If so I may try them next time.

I go in for an alignment tomorrow(right after getting the venom controller installed) but have nowhere local to get counter balanced. Not even sure what that is and how it works?

Thanks west for the measurments. I knew I lowered the rear a little more than the front for a more level stance. Looks like 1.5" front and 2.25" rear. I'll post pics soon so you can see the stance I chose.

beerly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told the same thing about the Motons, and kept thinking how much better can the ride really get for $3,000-$5,000? I realize just how much everytime I get behind the wheel. They're awesome

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't own Penske's again. JMO. Fine on the GT, but hated them on the Vipers.

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant thank you enough Tucker!!! And like Beerly said everytime I get behind the wheel and start driving I am just amazed.

Cobraken they have stopped production on motons now but are suppose to be coming out with a new line called Motion Suspension(I think)

Viper Garage Elite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
had jorgensen install motons and eibachs on my 1:33 the ride is heaven as stated above. Cant imagine being without,thanks again Mark

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if Woodhouse will be one of those said vendors that might carry the new Motion Control Suspension products :dunno:

Viper Garage Elite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
forget somthing can i get a shock and spring to give me a high quailty ride like the motons for my gen2 r/t 10. Have upgraded with bolt ons rearend 3:55 need a better shock for our shi**y roads up here in NY. Thank You.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I do, but will not air their laundry on the forums, will just say there was a difference of opinions.

Happens plenty often. Just assumed if this were the case, some of the owners or employees would have split off.

In any case, if the new products are just as good, if not better, it should be a product to look into. Relative costs on these?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960