motor mount change

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to change my motor mounts on a 2002 GTS and wanted to verify that the oil pan is strong enough to support the engine long enough to change the mounts if I put a piece of 2"x12" under the front edge and use a bottle jack/jack tray on my lift. I know a SB Chevy pan is strong enough, but don't want to damage the one on my Viper.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm guessing the wedge blocks are for keeping the engine centered?

Driving that wedge up in there helps the tranny clear a brace when backing it out of the tunnel. Nothing to do with motor mounts per se, but if I dug long enough I could probably come up with a pic of jack under the pan while doing them. From my collection of thousands of pics of all the crap I do to my car.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just swapped my mounts this weekend... Used a jack under the oil pan - no issues as was mentioned.

Just an FYI if anyone searches, you'll need to take off the passenger side header (if you have M&M) to get enough clearance to pull out the mounts / bracket.

(Also, I loosened my cowl of the 4 screws and unbolted the front of my intake)

I was lucky enough to be able to loosen up the bolts when taking off the mounts w/ out shearing them. I read some of the other threads and was a little intimidated... it did ****, but it went smoothly. I know I could do it in half the time it took this weekend now that I know what needed to be done.

I didn't want to do anyting with my exhaust and I tried everything before realizing I had to take off my header.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marko, glad you got the mounts successfully swapped out. What condition were the old mounts in?