MotorSport Ranch, TX Oct 17-19

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is still room available for the MotorSport Ranch event Oct 17-19. The event cost is $490 plus Viper Days is offering $100 to all first time Viper Days Drivers. We would love to see all TX Viper and Z06 Drivers!!

Please feel free to call Courtney if you have any questions or comments!!
847-594-8477 and ask for Courtney

** Viper Days will be giving out "In Memory of Paul Mumford" stickers to all drivers at the event** We will miss him forever..

2003 VIPER DAYS
DETAILS FOR…….. MotorSport Ranch Oct 17th, 18th & 19th , 2003

SEVENTH EVENT OF THE EASTERN REGION or FIFTH EVENT OF THE WESTERN REGION : Come ouT
to the track and test your car driving skills and learn some new ones www.motorsportranch.com P.O. Box 246 Cresson
TX 76035 817-512-3162
FRIDAY TEST & TUNE: A test and tune day is available! Friday will be open for “advanced drivers” for a test and tune day. No rookies are allowed. 9am-5pm we will be running 2 run groups all day!! $250 full day no lunch and $175 for half day no lunch 1-5pm. Call Courtney for approval.
COST: $540 or $490 for VCA member one time discount(VCA # required) - There will be NO FOOD at all for this event except for light appetizers for Fri night from 6-9 at the track! . You will receive a commemorative gift and extensive track time. One day entry $275 includes 2+/- hours of track time

PAYMENT: Viper days accepts Visa and Master Card. Make checks payable to: Viper Days, Inc. Payment for each event is paid in full prior to the event!! Late Entry- 7 days before event will result in a $50 late fee, NO EXCEPTIONS!!

HOTEL INFO: Their will be NO host hotel. Hotel that are 8 minutes South of the track Comfort Inn 800-228-5150, Days Inn 817-573-2691, Plantation Inn 800-422-2402 10 minutes North of the track Motel 6 (brand new and nice) (817) 249-8885 20+ minutes North of the track but located near restaurants is the Amerisuites 5900 Cityview Blvd., Ft. Worth, TX 817-361-9797

TRACK SIDE SERVICE Archer Racing Accessories will be on hand to do complete trackside service including suspension, alignments, engine modifications and exhaust. If there is something specific you will like, please call John and make an appointment. 218-727-4806

TIRES Bobby Archer Enterprises are the Exclusive provider of trackside safety needs, tire mounting and balancing, and sales. Those needing Michelin or Hoosier tires please call ahead and order them so they can bring them to the track. Call Bobby @ 817-877-1772

TRAILER AND RIG PARKING You can drop off trailers after 5:30pm on Thursday and all day Friday starting
7am.

CAMPERS/MOTORCOACHES ARE ALLOWED to camp on the grounds overnight. NO elec, water or sewer!

FUEL Will be available at the track thru Bobby Archer 96 unleaded $4.50/gallon call Bobby for other octane needs!

MED STATS 2003 IS MANDATORY! ! There is a NEW form requiring additional information. Please bring your Med+Stats lanyard or fill out Med+Stats confidential information and return with payment ASAP. Renewal will be only $ 15.00.

FRIDAY NIGHT ARRIVAL: 6PM until 9PM at the Track. Check in and register at the reception with hors d’oeuvres. Tech. inspection will occur all day Friday at the track or Saturday morning. Please join us for hors d’oeuvres, drinks and some Viper Tales. A Viper tech inspection tip: empty your glove box and trunk at the hotel instead of the track.

GUEST PACKAGE: We will only have a Fri pm registration for the drivers to check. All other food is on your own. There will food for sale at the track on all 3 days.

GATE HOURS: Friday 7am-9:pm Sat 7am-7pm, Sunday 7am-7pm

TRACK INFO

SATURDAY: If arriving on Saturday morning, be at the track by 7AM for registration and tech inspection. MANDATORY drivers meeting at 8:00. The track will go hot at 8:30. Classroom instruction begins at 8:30 AM,

SUNDAY: Be at the track by 8:00 AM. Driver meeting at 8:15 the track will go hot at 8:30.

Michelin Challenge Series- Tire Specifications
Sponsors bring Viper Days to you and to justify there sponsorship we ask you to buy from Bobby Archer, Archer Racing Accessories, Autoform and Venom Oils. We realize you can buy these products anywhere, but we cannot quantify sales without purchasing thru our vendors. It would help out Viper Days if you supported them. Shop around and compare, their prices are competitive!!

Stock- Michelin DOT tires only

Super Stock- Michelin DOT tires

Prepared- Michelin DOT tires only

Modified- Michelin DOT tires only

Super Modified- Michelin DOT tires or Pilot Sport Cup only****

Unlimited- Michelin DOT tires or Pilot Sport Cup only*****

Comp Coupe Unlimited (only allowed changes are Seat, Steering Wheel, Shifter, Pedals, Safety Harnesses)****

*****Safety Equipment: Although safety is ultimately the responsibility of the driver, Viper Days' MINIMUM requirements are:******

Helmets must be Snell 95 or newer AND less than 5 years old. Motorcycle helmets require a balaclava.
Long sleeve shirt, long pants, soft sole enclosed toe shoes, gloves required for all classes.
Driver's Suit (2 layer min), Nomex Gloves, Neck Restraint required for Unlimited, Comp Coupe Unlimited classes.
Neck Restraint highly recommended for all classes.
RT/10's must have a roll bar or hardtop.
SRT/10's must have a roll bar; hard top is NOT allowed
Fire extinguisher required for Unlimited Class
5 or 6 point harnesses mandatory for SRT/10's.
5 or 6 point harnesses mandatory for all other cars if you attend 3 or more events.
5 or 6 Point Harnesses must be safety clipped for all classes.

PLEASE order your tires BEFORE you go to the event. Call Bobby @ 817-877-1772

If you have questions or comments please contact Courtney Thomas at [email protected] or call 847-594-8477 www.viperdays.com

www.motorsportranch.com to get directions, hot lap around the track, track map, etc…
www.weather.com and type in the zip code of 78035 to get the area weather
www.mapquest.com to get directions to and from your house to the track, hotel etc..

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This ***** so bad!

I missed the PVO event this summmer...out of town for the Portland CART race.

Now I'm out of town for this one too! ARGGGGGHHH!!!

....grumble...business...stupidsonofa...all work and no play...grumble...

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Very safe track and one of the most fun in the country to participate at. You can see the whole track, so great to view your friends running. There is tons of run off and this is one of the best places to go for Instruction. If you can get to the Ft. Worth area, this should be on your must go list!!

PS-The catered food has always been awesome here!!!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Except that there is no catering this year - the food package is not included with the Viper Days fee - thus the extremely LOW price to participate.

OP
OP
C

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bobby Archer is sponsoring a Sat night dinner at his shop in Ft. Worth!! YEAH!! That will be fun. We will also be having some snacks/munchies at the Fri pm registration at the track.

I want to see more TX people driving at the event!!

Viper Days

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I and my wife will be driving in from Arkansas for our first track event.

Look forward to meeting everybody!

Bill

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill - both of you stop by, OK? We'll be at the white trailer with the white GT-1 race car #93 and the orange Comp Coupe #01 (The General Lee!)

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sniff...I'll have to head out to track at the next member day after that weekend and try to invision the CCs tearing it up.

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nexus, The Dallas Club was out at the Ranch this past weekend. Bobby brought
out his Comp Coupe and taught us all a lesson or two. The Comp Coupe car made
the rest of the Vipers look like they were standing still. That car is incredable
how fast it runs around the track.

A few of the clubs cars run straight pipes and I thought they were loud. The
Coupe was drownding out those Vipers it was so loud and fire spitt'n out of the
sides.

We had a blast going to the track from Dallas and at the track all day and even
some more fun going back to Dallas after the event. One of my favorite things
to do is run with about 20 Vipers down the freeway and watch the other cars
freak.

Can't wait to see the other Comp Coupes next weekend. I'll get plenty of pics
and video.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to Texas...... once again, and it will be good to see all of you from around the country back here. I'm busy praying to Mother Nature for perfect weather! See y'all soon! :cool:

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nexus, The Dallas Club was out at the Ranch this past weekend. Bobby brought
out his Comp Coupe and taught us all a lesson or two. The Comp Coupe car made
the rest of the Vipers look like they were standing still. That car is incredable
how fast it runs around the track.

I know. :( I had to miss that too...my business has been sucking the life outta me this year...again. I shouldn't be complain, but I still do I 'spose.

I had to keep myself from thinking about MSR Saturday afternoon. I'm a member there and I can head out whenever I want so I try taking solace in that, but missing a Viper event out there was a bummer. :(

A few of the clubs cars run straight pipes and I thought they were loud. The
Coupe was drownding out those Vipers it was so loud and fire spitt'n out of the
sides.
Okay now you're just rubbing it in. :p

We had a blast going to the track from Dallas and at the track all day and even
some more fun going back to Dallas after the event. One of my favorite things
to do is run with about 20 Vipers down the freeway and watch the other cars
freak.

Can't wait to see the other Comp Coupes next weekend. I'll get plenty of pics
and video.

PLEASE DO! At least I can relive it with your pics and vid.

I'm hoping next year will settle down enough for me to get out there more and get out with you guys on the weekends now and then.

OP
OP
C

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Days will have copies of the directions to the Sat pm BBQ at the track.

At this point I only have 7 TX Viper Drivers signed up at this point!! We come to your area so you can participate and we only get 7 sign ups!!! What is the deal??? I just checked the weather and it looks perfect!! (I have had a few SRT-10 drivers call..sorry, no driving school without a roll bar!)We are even offering $100 off for new Viper Days drivers which brings the cost of the event to $390 for the weekend!! This is a great deal. If you are not interested in puttting your car on the track please come out and spectate and talk to the vendors and go to the classroom sessions!! I promise you will love it!!

Viper Days, Inc.

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I think I can get off to come on Saturday and Sunday. I have no track experience and my GTS is pretty much stock. Would this be a good track to start on or will I be out of my league? I've been dying to get out and see what the snake would do on a track. LMK
Doc

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doc,
Bring your ride and enjoy the weekend. This is a safe track and you'll be running with people of the same experience level as you. Don't worry, they won't just put you out on the track. You'll get lessons, both on and off track before you go for it. It's the most fun you can have (legally).

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ranch is a great track - VERY safe. You'll be in good hands with the viperDays instructors, too - they will let you drive up to your ability and they really understand HOW to drive the snake!

At $390 - it'll be the best "mod" you'll ever make!

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ and Janni,
Okay, you talked me into it. I'm going now to sign up. Sounds like fun and it would be great to put a face with some of the names on the board.
Doc

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please feel free to stop by our trailer - large white Featherlite - VRL cars #93 and #01. Love to meet ya!

Change all your fluids this weekend and get some high tmp brake fluid ASAP - recommend AP Racing 600 - available from places like Pegasus. (oil change, brakes, clutch, do your coolant if it's time, tranny and differential if it's time or if it's nevr been done)

You'll have a BALL!

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni,
I Look forward to meeting you. I had my clutch replaced about 2 months ago and had all fluids changed and had motul 600 fluid installed. Now all I need to do is get a helmet.
Do you recommend an open or full face helmet? I do not own a bike so I do not need a dual purpose helmet.
Doc

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd get a full face helmet. Helmet City offers a discount, but Bobby Archer will have plenty onsite and you'll be able to try before you buy!

You'll need SA 2000 and lighter is better from a fatigue standpoint.

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doc,
Please come by and say hello. I'm at the Archer Trailer (John Archer's). I have the red Comp Coupe with silver stripes. If your car needs service of ANY kind, Archer will be able to handle it and you won't have to worry about them knowing what they are doing. All the vendors at Viper Days are quite expert at Viper issues. I'd also wait to buy a helmet and get it from Bobby Archer. Motorcycle helmets are different than car helmets. If you buy a motorcycle helmet, you will have to wear a balaclava as motorcycle helmets do not pass the fire retardant rating that car racing helmets must. Don't worry about a thing. Just show up with your car and you'll be all set. Make sure that you bring a long sleeve shirt and pants. By the way, I heard that Tommy Archer is going to be there. You'll meet all three Archer brothers the same weekend. Could be a case of SPEED OVERLOAD. You have a GTS...right? See you next weekend.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, is it to late to change this to the following weekend? Sounds like a lot of fun and a great track. I desperately need to learn how to turn and it sounds like there are some great people involved in these events. Hope to make one soon.

John

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doc, Make sure your car has new brakes, front and rear. The track office
also has many helmets and racing suits for rent.

Lots of folks also use racing shoes. Some even buy wrestling shoes to use for
racing.

Bring plenty of water to drink too.

P.S. The track is fantastic, if you think your hooked on Vipers now, just
wait till after this weekend of track fun. Your gonna get real spoilt now. :shocked:

Does anyone online here have a copy of the tech sheet they can send out?
If not I can dig one out for those that would need it.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a prep checklist, but don't think it's on my computer anymore. I'll look.

ViperDays will provide water to drink, so don't worry about cramming a case of H2O into your GTS!

And JDAWG - I am sure the 50 or 60 people that are coming from as far away as Minnesota wouldn't mind postponing this for a week so that the event would match your schedule. :rolleyes: Seriously, The ViperDays track schedule is made about a year in advance as track weekends fill up very quickly at popular tracks. See if you can make other arrangements and attend this event - you'll have so much fun you won't be able to stand it.

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ, I'll definitely stop by and I look forward to meeting you.

Dex,my GTS has fresh pads but they are ebc greens, are they okay?

I'm going to take Russ and Janni's advice and buy a helmet on site. Boy am I pumped!
Doc

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
amantoby, greens are NOT OK! You will go through them ASAP!!!!!!!!!!! You must change to other pads such as Brakeman 3's.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And JDAWG - I am sure the 50 or 60 people that are coming from as far away as Minnesota wouldn't mind postponing this for a week so that the event would match your schedule. :rolleyes:

I see I forgot to attach my sarcastic smillee after my post for those with NO SENSE OF HUMOR. Thanks for outlining my options, but the manner ( :rolleyes: ) of your statement has reinforced my reasons for why I usually skip VCA events. Jeeeeeez......this place has got to lighten up. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D < see attached smiley faces.

Hope everyone has a good time.
John

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And obviously, the "seriously" immediately following that sarcastic statement was meant to say that immediately preceding it was NOT srious.

I really did think you were serious about having it postponed (no smiley)..... sorry if I offended you.

And don't skip a ViperDays becasue of it - it's way worth it.

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Dex,my GTS has fresh pads but they are ebc greens, are they okay? "

Doc, This realy depends on your driving habits. I have seen greens work with
a driver that uses heel and toe, down shifting and they saved the brakes alot.

But like in the other post here I have seen a set of greens get used up quickly
as the driver used the brakes more because they did not heal and toe, down shifting, so instead of the engine helping slow the car the brakes took alot
of wear.

In either case I'd have new brakes front and rear and bring a set if you need them.

I can't comment on the brand or type of brake for you to use. You might call
Bobby Archer in Fort Worth and ask for his advise. They run this track all
the time as it's in their back yard.

As for changing the brake pads out. There will be facilities for such work.

Also, You will need (have to ?) remove your wheels center caps during your track time as the wheels can become warm and the caps could come out.

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doc,
Don't worry about brake pads now. If you go through yours you'll be able to get them installed on your car quickly by Archer Accessories. Everything you need is there. For your first time, all you need to do is showup with your car (and be ready for some serious fun). You might want to raid the piggy bank for a pair of racing shoes. It makes heeling and toeing so much easier. See you in just a few days.