MotorSport Ranch, TX Oct 17-19

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input and help. I like the way Russ thinks. I have to work every day until then in order to have the weekend off. I'm going to show up with my car like it is and I'm more than happy to let the pros there do whatever it takes throughout the event to make everything both fun and safe. I like the idea of supporting them for helping with the event by using there services too. One more question though. My tires are about 80% right now. Do you think I will go through them during the weekend? I'm sure I will not be very smooth my first time out. If so, I could order a new set of tires from Archer and let them put them on to further support the venders that make the event possible.
Doc

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doc,
As important as how much tread is on your tires is how old they are. If they are more than 2 years old, you're likely going to do much better with a new set. Again, Bobby Archer can hook you up with a set and then balance them for speed. You can save your old tires and put junk mileage on them when you get home if you like. If you are going to want a set, it might be a good idea to give Bobby Archer a call on Monday and make sure that he brings a set of street tires for you. My guess is that they normally have them as I bought them for a street car last year but it's always a good idea to give him a heads up. All of the Archers are very easy to work with.

OP
OP
C

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a few people sign up over the weekend! Thanks to Janni & Russ & Bobby Archer for putting in the good word. We still do have spots available. I will waive the $50 late fee to the next 5 people signing up!! Please feel free to call me in case you have any questions: 847-594-8477 and ask for Courtney.

Hope to see you all at the track!

Viper Days

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How's this....I'll PAY the entry fee for anyone who signs up from Florida that is a member of the South Florida Viper Club.

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ,
Great idea (and very generous I might add). I'll also pay the entry fee for someone to sign up from the Midsouth Region VCA. This is getting good.
Doc

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, somebody stop me!
I just got off the phone with Bobby Archer (real nice guy). I'm taking my GTS to him tomorrow for new brakes, tires, and harnesses. I'm so excited about viper days that I'm afraid what may happen when I get to his shop. Maybe I should just drop the car off at the front door and not go in. I'll bet there are lots of little pretties there that could separate a fool from his money (ie me). Maybe I should leave the plastic at home. I haven't been this excited since Pam left Tommy (yeah, like I have a chance).
Doc

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AUGHHHH---I already paid just last week--I guess sometimes the early bird loses the worm :( :(

Bill and DeeDee
(and yes we both are driving)

Jay Lopez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bobby's shop installed my Team Tech harnesses also. You'll love them.

Pics at:
http://www.lopeznet.com/viperboypublic/harnesses.htm

Okay, somebody stop me!
I just got off the phone with Bobby Archer (real nice guy). I'm taking my GTS to him tomorrow for new brakes, tires, and harnesses. I'm so excited about viper days that I'm afraid what may happen when I get to his shop. Maybe I should just drop the car off at the front door and not go in. I'll bet there are lots of little pretties there that could separate a fool from his money (ie me). Maybe I should leave the plastic at home. I haven't been this excited since Pam left Tommy (yeah, like I have a chance).
Doc