Mounting locations for Moton cannisters?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
How and where is everyone mounting their Moton Cannisters front and rear?

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
under the hood here. I snaked them in.
CIMG2824.JPG

in the trunk here.
motonrear.JPG

Used a hole saw and slide the canisters into the trunk then plugged the holes with a large rubber body plug
4020-512-69S_COLOR.jpg

When I put in the Paxton I think I'll tuck the front ones in behind the fog lights.

OP
OP
Viper X

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics.

I put the fronts in behind the fog lights, behind the little door so that I can remove the door and easily adjust the compression on my Paxton SRT.

The problem with that location is that to re-charge them or change the nitrogren gas pressure, you must pull the cannister out. Not too big a deal on a street car but if you want to adjust the N2 pressure at the track, it would take longer than I'd like.

Those look like big zip / cable ties on the fronts, is that correct?

Are they mounted to the small white plasic "zip tie" holders that are riveted in or are they just tied?

Your trunk mounting location looks good for the rears but again to recharge them, you'd have to cut your zip ties to access the charging valve. This isn't a big deal either. I'm just trying to make them as accessable as possible on my coupe. I intend to track it and make adjustments trackside, so time is important.

Regards,

Dan

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are locations of my motons. The canisters in the trunk are installed with industrial strength velcro. They stick on very good and you can remove them easy.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to do a stainless bracket like this when I do mine. Under the hood will be interesting but I will figure something out. I am planning to call MGW to see if they can make a custom bracket.

9_14_06_997TT16.jpg

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those look like big zip / cable ties on the fronts, is that correct?

Are they mounted to the small white plasic "zip tie" holders that are riveted in or are they just tied?

Your trunk mounting location looks good for the rears but again to recharge them, you'd have to cut your zip ties to access the charging valve. This isn't a big deal either. I'm just trying to make them as accessable as possible on my coupe. I intend to track it and make adjustments trackside, so time is important.

On the front's, I made mounting pads out of thick rubber mat I bought from orchard supply and used large stainless hose clamps to hold them in place.

The rears are just zip tied to the trunk carpet. Probably not ideal for what your trying to accomplish..quick access at the track....but a zip tie doesn't take long to replace if you had to cut it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang