Muffler delete question

X vetter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those that have done the muffler delete mod...how did you like
the sound and/or was it worth it performance wise ??

Any advice appreciated :2tu:

Silver Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have removed the rear muffler and replaced with an "X" pipe. The sound is pretty darn good. I wouldn't say it is as good as some of the aftermarket catbacks, but hey for the price it can't be beat!

Mark
:)

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Don't think there's any real performance increase except for getting rid of that heavy thing.

Wakes the sound up nice, but can make the interior drone worse, esp on a GTS. X pipe or crossover like the random tech unit helps, though

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the RT X-pipe muffler delete and love the sound of it.....

bot gonna tell ya there is any more HP though.

call jonB for a good deal.

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The muffler delete/ x-pipe I did by itself changed the overall sound minimally at best. I then swaped out the the stock cats to RT high flow cats and that made a vast improvement. Sounds pretty good but it is still not loud enough for me so I am considering replacing the resonators with dynotech race bullets. Thoughts anyone? I got a sound clip from Gary and his sounded pretty good. Hard to tell though through a recording vs. in person????

Rich

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree with Rich. I think it changes the sound tremendously. Only a bit louder but a much better sound.

Word is a 8 to 10 hp increase. My 98 dyno'd 427 with only tubes, filters and **** delete.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
huge improvement in sound tone, a touch louder like Chucko says, but overall much better. I do not find the drone at all in my GTS.

I picked up 15 horse with rear delete and Roe 3 inch Ovals.

Sounds more like a sports car should, should have came factory without the thing IMO.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Snakoyl muffler deleter for sale right now. It looks brand new! Let me know if you are interested.