mumford first at laguna seca world challenge race

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasnt this his first race as a pro?? :eek: I also read on OTC taht this was a less powerful CC than the last he drove in...Boris Said et al must be scratching there heads...Congrats to Pmum..This is obviously the first of many to come...

StopTech Service

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to stir things up Paul!

I was at the track Friday and Saturday and have to say Paul was driving way smooth and obviously fast. The neat deal was, he didn't really "look" fast in terms of hanging it out and aggressively attacking the track, just fast like Buttah!

He was also the most low key guy in the paddock as he was just doing his thing, parked off on his own, working on the car with Eric Messley, holding court with John, Ron, Joe and the rest of the Viper faithful who went to watch, wearing his Schley Product T-shirt like every other time I see him at the track (I'm hoping he owns more than one...) I'm thinking Monterey might not be the same after tonight as the party rolls through town!

Congratulations to all on a great effort by the entire team. All but those who know everyone involved will call it an upset; those of us who have seen Paul on-track know better.

Matt Weiss

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Way to stir things up Paul!

You can say that again Matt. Paul deserves a hearty congratulations from all of us for proving to the rest of the world what we all know - that he can drive with the best! Great job Paul, we're all very proud of you.

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

PNUM,
Way to goooooooooooooooooooo!
Congratulations!

RC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh yes!!!!

"On the lap-16 restart, Mumford and Pobst went side-by-side deep into turn one, neither one wanting to lift, Pobst ended up in the turn one gravel, allowing Auberlen to slide into second. Auberlen did his best to run down new race leader Mumford, but the V10 powered Dodge Viper was too much for the light and nimble BMW M3."

Goes to prove what a great driver with a great car can do!

How about some FACTORY SPONSORSHIP????

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Factory sponsorship would be nice but with Mumford driving DC might be thinking it isn't needed. :) And maybe other teams will be switching the Comp Coupes and DC will build them past their projected 150. I hope so, cause I'm planning on getting one someday.

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SWEET!

Anyone know if this is ever going to air on Speed?

Very cool - congrats!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

PMUM got class! He's so laid back, like he was just taking a stroll through the park! Ya gotta love that guy!

They were saying over the PA system that Auberlain was just pacing himself, and would soon attack to regain first place, but there was no way. After PMUM took first from Auberlain, the fat lady was already singing loudly!

DC should support such a great driver, its good for the brand. If DC steps up to the plate, I promise I'll buy the GEN3 coupe when it comes out! No kidding....

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

My congratulations to Paul and the team.
Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Sean

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Way to go. Spank those factory teams. I'm sure the Audi and BMW camp will now start lobbying for restrictions on the Comp Coupe!!!

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Way to go. Spank those factory teams. I'm sure the Audi and BMW camp will now start lobbying for restrictions on the Comp Coupe!!!

Yup, That's what's going to happen, the Viper will be forced to loose power, run street tires and weighted down so the slower european cars can win.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congratulations to Paul!!!

DC, step up and support Viper racing NOW!!!

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He was also the most low key guy in the paddock as he was just doing his thing, parked off on his own, working on the car with Eric Messley, ...

Matt Weiss

Yep, that Mumford is every bit as much a "wrench" as he is a driver. By golly, I even witnessed him changing his own wheel once. ;)

You must be registered for see images

Great drive, Paul! :usa:

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey McCann had a 7th place finish ,, 2 CC in the top 10, Quite an accomplishment!

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats to Paul and Mike. I hope that Dodge sees the benifit from this outstanding win and showing by both of these great drivers from the VRL. Paul put the hurt on some of the great drivers in this series with the Comp. Coupe. and some factory support could put the Viper CC in a better sales position for the market it was intended for. SCCA World Challenge gets great television exposure even if it is taped delayed as well as spectator track exposure with the ALMS and other top series WCGT runs with.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great going Paul and Mike!! Really super to see the Comp Coupes doing well, and with Mike McCann garnering a solid 7th it will be super interesting when Jim McCann, Woodhouse, and others jump into the fray. Looks like the winner of the Ultimate Street Car Shootout , is now one the Ultimate Road Course guys too!!!

Mum iz da Word!!

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there with the gang watching Paul and beside being a great driver, he his the most low-key, friendly racer that I know.

The contrast between Paul's pit with his "regular" trailer,friends helping out (and getting in the way),and the Pro racers with their uniformed crew,huge trailers and attitude was startling.
The race couldn't have been won by a nicest person.

Luc.
00GTS

OT Challenge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasnt this his first race as a pro?? :eek: I also read on OTC taht this was a less powerful CC than the last he drove in...Boris Said et al must be scratching there heads...Congrats to Pmum..This is obviously the first of many to come...
Paul got the Comp Coupe about a week or two before OTC ( www.opentrackchallenge.com ) and it apparently had a valve problem, so it was down a little bit on power. Then factor in the super sticky compound Hoosiers that came with the car instead of the mini-me Toyos World Challenge Vipers sport. I just don't see why anyone would drop a hundred thousand more on other factory racecars. The Comp Coupe is the deal of the century relative to its competitors!

The best part of the car as we ran in OTC was the paintjob!

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960