My 97 threw a code P0132. Help!

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Is P0132, "O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1)"?
2. Can I erase it and see if it shows up again?
3. Do I have to change the O2 sensor?

I was heading out to Long Island tomorrow morning for a 150-200 mile roundtrip. Should I cancel?

OP
OP
A

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My GTS is bone stock. I'll erase the code and carry all the tools necessary for the job. How much does an O2 sensor cost?

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O2's are about $80 each, at least from my local parts stores. And all they got is BOSCH, which is good. I am replacing 2 of mine tomorrow. I had that code in my 97.

OP
OP
A

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as I know there are 2 O2 sensors, 1 upstream and 1 downstream. So what is the reference to "(Bank 1 Sensor 1)" mean?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be careful. If your 02 is on the fritz, it would **** driving your car. It could tell your car to fatten the A/F so much it would be hard to drive. I've had this happen a couple of times and it's not fun. If it's just a glitch, you're all set, but if not, you'll have fouled plugs in a jiffy and it will ride like crap.. :(

G

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hoping my problem is the O2. My car runs like ass on a cold start until I punch the gas hard for a few seconds.

badvr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey...

i had this come up recently on my 00 gts...i was planning on purchasing a new 02 sensor and it went away about 2 days later. have autozone clear the code and drive it around.

side note, was it extremely humid or anything like that? when the code came on initially for me, it was very damp. when it went off, it was dry. it has been off since and thats been 2-3 weeks.

and one last thing, if you end up buying one, theres a place on ebay that sells 02 sensors for the viper for $50 bux. they are plug and play too, dont have to wire in anything.

OP
OP
A

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My O2 sensor came on in total 5 times over the past 200 miles. Same code P0132. Yesterday and today were 75-85F days with moderate humidity. I did erase it everytime it came on but looks like it might not be transient in nature. So a new O2 sensor is definitely in order. I'm on vacation next week so I'll probably change it in 2 weeks. I'll post the result. Thanks for the help.

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goto your local auto parts store and get an ODB II code reader. They can be had for around $70 for a cheap one. You can read and clear the codes with that.

SteveMat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 97 threw P0132 about 2 weeks ago when it was pretty hot here in Charlotte, NC. Typically the upstream's sensors are on the exhaust manifold correct? I'm assuming they should be attached to the Belanger Headers I have installed and that they are the same size as the stock one if I go to replace them?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960