My Acr Was Totaled Last Night!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dirt where the car now rests should remain as hallowed ground... Mortals should not step on that site...

Heck, sell some of that dirt on ebay. Put it in an urn. I'll bid.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
After seeing those sad pics, I feel your pain! Sorry to see it happen to anybody, regardless the reason.

I'd be trying hard for one of those smokin' hot 2008s! Anyway, hope you get made right again.

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Take off the headers, catbacks, and everything not "stock", but replace the old OEM stuff and don't tell the insurance co. what you've done. They only paid me $200 for new Bellanger complete exhaust system. I'll call Jon B tomorrow and get his advice.

PSilverGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ACRs have a stuffer springs, setup more for smooth tracks. I read on here before that the ACR setup can be difficult to drive on bumpy roads because it can bounce right off the pavement. Good luck with your claim.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so glad no one was hurt. Let us know how Jon B turns out...he has always treated Central Texas with great insight.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACRs have a stuffer springs, setup more for smooth tracks. I read on here before that the ACR setup can be difficult to drive on bumpy roads because it can bounce right off the pavement. Good luck with your claim.

Um, no.

Yes on the springs, but no on the random bouncing off the pavement.

Stiff springs / shock settings make any driver input more "immediate" and less forgiving when someone overcorrects. A stiff car usually "handles" better, but on the hands of an experienced driver - thus the whole "American Club Racer" package.

So - while no one should be driving your Viper (on a DATE, no less), this goes even moreso for a car that is set up for better (faster) handling with an experienced driver......

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about the car, but glad everyone is okay....RIP to the Viper (you learn as you go along--NEVER EVER let anyone drive your Viper)....~juli

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take off the headers, catbacks, and everything not "stock", but replace the old OEM stuff and don't tell the insurance co. what you've done. They only paid me $200 for new Bellanger complete exhaust system. I'll call Jon B tomorrow and get his advice.

From the looks of things, that may be tough do. I'd at least pull out whatever in-dash deck you have there (if it's there when you get back to the car that is). Painfull to look at, I'd sure hate to go through that.

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JPA, sorry to hear about the car, its definitely a sweet ride. If you dont mind sharing the info I would like to document this ACR in the db that I have on ACR's. Basically looking for mileage, year, VIN, and whether it had comf/conv. I hate to see another ACR go down :( but now you have room for one of those purdy 08's!

The Great One

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about the accident. At least everyone is okay. The car looks like it held up extremely well.

Last edited:

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Said this on another post a few months back on another post....

"Scratch one flat-top".

Nasty crash. Glad everyone is ok.

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I did call Jon today. He was quite helpful and gave me some good insight. The adjustor is supposed to look at the car tomorrow (I spoke with him on the phone today). I am going to have the stereo pulled out tomorrow morning and then they are moving the car to a facility where they can control the daily cost, the wrecker yard apparently is charging a very high daily rate. Anyway I will keep everyone posted. Thanks for the support and the critism.. it was deserved I know :)

I found a ACR 99 model (same as mine) with 2k miles for $53k. One owner, OH car, 60 yr old man who owns 20 cars and wants to sell some of them. Bone stock with no issues or stories, heck with 2k miles it is practically brand new. What do you guys think? Same color even!

ViperVon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Painfull, painfull pics........ Sorry to see it, but again it's a car and not a life. Best way to forget the last one is to buy the next one..........Start looking!!

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um, no.

Yes on the springs, but no on the random bouncing off the pavement.

Stiff springs / shock settings make any driver input more "immediate" and less forgiving when someone overcorrects. A stiff car usually "handles" better, but on the hands of an experienced driver - thus the whole "American Club Racer" package.

So - while no one should be driving your Viper (on a DATE, no less), this goes even moreso for a car that is set up for better (faster) handling with an experienced driver......
+1 on the setup issue. Your friend was probably going faster than 60, but that can happen. Sorry it happenned to your car! It looked like a beauty. Get ready for a fight with the insurance company, as the book on the GTS is tanked. Low 40's if you are lucky based on what I have been getting in terms of feedback. Mine only has 13k miles. So long as you get a replacement for the same cost, what diff does it make? Stick with the GTS. The more I see of the Gen 3, the fewer GTS's out there, and the more awesome they look!:2tu:

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grab that car. Black ACR's are VERY hard to find. In a heartbeat. Dude.....it is a steal if it checks out. Would be traveling to Ohio tomorrow, if true.

ViperVon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I did call Jon today. He was quite helpful and gave me some good insight. The adjustor is supposed to look at the car tomorrow (I spoke with him on the phone today). I am going to have the stereo pulled out tomorrow morning and then they are moving the car to a facility where they can control the daily cost, the wrecker yard apparently is charging a very high daily rate. Anyway I will keep everyone posted. Thanks for the support and the critism.. it was deserved I know :)

I found a ACR 99 model (same as mine) with 2k miles for $53k. One owner, OH car, 60 yr old man who owns 20 cars and wants to sell some of them. Bone stock with no issues or stories, heck with 2k miles it is practically brand new. What do you guys think? Same color even!

Check it out for the usual garage queen issues and then make your decision.... I can see the pain disappearing already :drive:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
personally im happy to see a GTS holds up so good in a rollover. it does do a good job of protecting its passengers.....:)

hope it all works out for ya. keep us posted

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the first place, the guy has ZERO history in ebay. Don't send or wire any cash. Second, there are no service records on the car, so anything is possible. If a car sits in a garage, all the rubber engine seals can dry and shrink, bearings get dry etc. Get a PPI by a good Viper tech.

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully you will be able to find a nice replacement. Two comments now:

1. Make your so called friend make up the difference on any additional out of pocket money for your new Viper

2. Salvage those ACR wheels. Easily worth $3500 - $4000 and getting harder to find every day!

Bottom line, People do dumb things, but fortunately enough cars can be replaced. I'm sure you will be able to put this behind you once you are behind the wheel of your next Viper. Good Luck in your search.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Er, why are you going to your insurance and not his? He was driving right? I'd try to take it up with his insurance company, and have his insurance premiums going up, not mine!

HOWFAST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Er, why are you going to your insurance and not his? He was driving right? I'd try to take it up with his insurance company, and have his insurance premiums going up, not mine!

I couldn't have said this better myself. Someone else is going to be responsible for your rates going up!!!! See if he can claim it.

I sent you a PM. My GTS has 20,000 miles on it.

Gus//

00VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the friend is going to cover the insurance rate increase at the very least. Hell, make him pay for the entire policy for the next 3 to 5 years. That will teach him a lesson.