My car doesn't stop leaking oil....

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car doesn\'t stop leaking oil....

3 times now its gotten fixed for the same damn problem...4th time its going for now same thing replacing oil gasket or whatever...I'm really sick of finding oil drops in my garage what should I do? 2500 miles on the car now...been fixed for oil for the last 700 miles 3 times :eek: What do you guys think is causing it?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: My car doesn\'t stop leaking oil....

Sounds like whoever is doing the fixing doesn't know what they are doing. Ask them if they put dye in the oil.

AllBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ricky where are you taking it? Main? The guy I take it to in North Van seems to know what hes doing... let me know if you want his name.

Nico

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chuck is quite correct, they need to put dye in it to find the source of the leak using a light. make sure your dealer and mechanic are viper ceretified, ASK TO SEE THE CERTIFICATION PAPERS. MOST ARE NOT!

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

24,000 miles and when I looked under my car, it is STILL perfect. Never even a sign of one drop.

I hate it that they can't find something to fix on your car. Whatever they've been doing ain't right.

Lemon laws in Canada?

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm taking it to Jim Pattison Chrysler on 104th and 152nd. Freaken guys can't get anything right. Nico where do you take yours I'll take it there instead :eek:

This is the same dealership that had someones Viper there for 6 months trying to fix the differential on it I should have known better :bonker:

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

2 places I have seen oil come from. The valve covers, run your finger along the bottom side of the valve covers and feel for any oil, check that all the valve cover screws are tight. The other place is the front, passenger side of the motor, in front of the motor mount, where the oil lines come from the block and go to the oil cooler. There is also a oil pressure sensor there. I have seen oil leaking from a loose sensor. This is a big leak spot for Paxton users since this is where the SC gets its oil from. I have never seen a leak from the oil pan gasket, but it is possible.

Make sure the oil is not coming from the power steering pump. The pressure fitting going to the rack can leak. After the care sits, take note of where the drop on the floor corresponds on the car. Left/right, back/front of motor. I have a rack, so its easy to get up underneath and see the actual spot the drip is coming from and then track it back to the source.

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yeah, as someone mentioned...find out whether there are lemon laws in Canada (this is assuming you bought it new). Some states if the same problem comes back 4-5 times in a row, the dealer is forced to buy back the car or give you a new one....or something like that..

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll talk to a lawyer in the next day or so see what can be done! It was bought new so if there is lets get me into a coupe :eek:

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Srtricky are you sure its leaking oil and not marking its territory... :nana:

Just kidding hope you get it fixed.. :2tu:

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is the reason we have The Lemon Law here in CT,for reject dealers who could not fix a baby carrage.

AllBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I take mine to Regency Chrysler on Marine in North Van. I think they changed the name to Destination Chrysler now, but if you're serious about taking it, I know the head guy there and I'll make sure he takes care of you. The mechanic that knows what hes doing is Brad. Hes kept it problem free all this time, and he fixed my corsa exhaust when it kept slouching down on the side. MSN me sometime.

Nico

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2 places I have seen oil come from. The valve covers, run your finger along the bottom side of the valve covers and feel for any oil, check that all the valve cover screws are tight. The other place is the front, passenger side of the motor, in front of the motor mount, where the oil lines come from the block and go to the oil cooler. There is also a oil pressure sensor there. I have seen oil leaking from a loose sensor. This is a big leak spot for Paxton users since this is where the SC gets its oil from. I have never seen a leak from the oil pan gasket, but it is possible.

Make sure the oil is not coming from the power steering pump. The pressure fitting going to the rack can leak. After the care sits, take note of where the drop on the floor corresponds on the car. Left/right, back/front of motor. I have a rack, so its easy to get up underneath and see the actual spot the drip is coming from and then track it back to the source.

Thanks I'm going to print this and give it to the morons tomorrow :)

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

AHHHHHHHH I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER DOMESTIC!!

They can't find the oil leak dumb asses!! Now I gotta put cardboard under the piece of [******] just so they know where the oil is leaking from...time for a sl55 or a M6 or something I'm sick of dodge and their [******] products...

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They can't find the oil leak dumb asses!! Now I gotta put cardboard under the piece of [******] just so they know where the oil is leaking from...time for a sl55 or a M6 or something I'm sick of dodge and their [******] products...

EASY CALM DOWN SIR!!!!!! :nono:

Just send it to Heffner and get some motor work done :nana: LOL problem solved and more power... :2tu:

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Been there, done that. Even if you have to ship the car and pay for it yourself, have it taken to a reputable shop on the West Coast. Maybe Call JonB at Partsrack for a heads up in Washington or Oregon. Get some opinions from the guys here. Worst case, best case in my opinion, DC Performance in L.A. I'm dead serious. Don't beat yourself up over this, not worth it. :evilmad:

Or.................., go with your impulse. But not one of the models you named. You'll really be sorry if you end up with no oil leaks, any perceived financial loss and a car without nuts. I'm not just talking about domestics, HP and torque.

Good luck,
Larry

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SRTRICKY
A little nitpicking (1)Dodge in Canada is not domestic
(2)Dodge has nothing to do with your
Canadian tecs.lack of ability.

On a positive note you have a warranty so they are obligated to
fix the problem.

Skeeter

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yeah your right skeeter ... still doesn't change anything ... imagine there was no such thing as a Viper what car would you guys get? (Pretend Vette is not possible just because you hate Vettes or something :p )

Ricky :confused:

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah I'm going to either take it there or Phil told me the guy in Richmond is really good as well. I think I'll try Richmond first since its so much closer :eek: Thanks though ;) Maybe if we both end up doing the superchargers DC Perf. or UGR can fix it at the same time :eek: lol

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Porsche for sure definitely. Normally aspirated 911 without PSM, any, or new 911 GT3(415 hp na). Turbo of course.

Since no bowties allowed...there is Viper then Porsche then nothing or Porsche then Viper then nothing; unless you consider one of the more exotic Italians, V-12 only.
(exotic = $$$$$) If you are into modifying there are a ton more options. IMHO

KEEP THE VIPER

Larry

dallas

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hey Ricky, if you were talking about Steve the viper tech at the richmond automall he is no longer working there... He was really good and did some of my mods for me . I tried to find out where he went but unfortunately they won't tell me. If you can find him or someone else that is good please share it on the board.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah I was talking about Steve...Maybe Phil knows where he is now...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Annoying dribbles CAN be an easy and cheap fix. Its actually worse in colder climate vehicles. I had some real puddling when I lived in AK.

Call or Email for my longer version...

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Worst case, best case in my opinion, DC Performance in L.A. I'm dead serious. Don't beat yourself up over this, not worth it"

What do you mean by the above statement. Did you have problems with D C Performance? I just bought his computer upgrade for my 2003 and not the car runs like crap. I am going to put the stock computer back in when I return from vacation.
Robbie

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Remember MB cars are made by DC who makes the viper. I live in New England where it gets down to 20 below zero. My car has 12,600 miles on it and has never had a drip or leak. I understand it gets a tad colder up Jon's neck of the woods.

Robbie

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It could be a porus block. When hot the oil may seep right thru the block. Arrow changed the block in the past for this problem.

Michael Hatch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tom Sessions is one of the best troubleshooters and Viper Techs on the East Coast. He's in N.C. unfortunately but he may be able to give you some guidance over the phone. He's Viper Certified and the "chosen" Viper Tech for ViperDays events around this part of the country. PM me if you want his number. Michael