My Christmas present... (pics)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was a new digital camera from my lovely bride. Had a little fog out this morning and thought I would try the new cam out, but by the time we got to my favorite "fog" spot, it had largely blown off. No matter, I surprised myself with what I thought was a pretty interesting shot:

You must be registered for see images

And here is what it looked like a little further back:

You must be registered for see images

I am just starting to figure out some of the settings on this new camera and so I suspect the shots (at least quality-wise) should improve. Of course I shot over 220 photos of the 2004 Bentley Continental GT I got to drive today - a car very soon to be on eBay. You will just have to wait to see those pictures... ;)

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what cam Chris? Pics (and car) look great!

Thanks Craig! It is a GREAT little point-and-shoot 6.3 megapixel Fujifilm digital:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/fuji_e550.html

The thing I like about it (besides the VERY great price) is that it goes from off to first shot in a couple seconds. Perfect for those spur-of-the-moment shots so many of us find. Goes up to 12.3 megapixels (CCD) and the flash is 10X better than my previous digital, which seemed to wash everything out. Only drawback is more expensive XD memory cards, but I found Olympus 512MB versions on sale for $69 each, so that helped. Glad you liked!

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool pics.

what cam Chris? Pics (and car) look great!

Did Craig just say something nice about the SRT? :eek:

I was an advocate for yellow on the SRT since day 1.

Impressive cam Chris, I bought a nikon coolpix 5700 a couple months ago. I love it (especially the 8X optical zoom) but it's way too big to carry around for causal point and shoot duty. I am going to have to pick up a smaller cam to carry around with me.

I'm lookin forward to the pics of the CGT

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.... Only drawback is more expensive XD memory cards, but I found Olympus 512MB versions on sale for $69 each, so that helped.....

If you could Chris, could you PM me were you got the XD card at? I could use if for my Fuji. Thanks

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful pictures! Perfect lighting, really brings out the shine and colors of your SRT. May I suggest that change your sig to the first one?

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pics Chris.

The reflection on the black cowl, with the sky fading from dark to light looks especially cool. Wonder how it would have looked on an all black car. Say... you used to have one of those, didn't you?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Chris! There is a wild hair growing out of the top of your car!! LOL!

Is your camera an SLR digital? I am going to go with an SLR set up. I notice there is a lot of difference in picture clarity.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best Looking GenIII yet I think Chris. All it takes is a little extras and I think they look really nice...

Gerald

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuji, good choice. We need more than 2 pictures though. I know what one of your other Christmas presents from your lovely bride was.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuji, good choice. We need more than 2 pictures though. I know what one of your other Christmas presents from your lovely bride was.

Yeppers, a rather nice framed SRT photo taken by some local professional photographer - any idea who he is? ;) I will try to post some pictures we took yesterday out by a lake - great weather for driving with the roof down!