My Dashboard is Warped!

Cincy2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Took my 2008 Vert to the dealer this morning for a quick checkup two weeks after I bought it. Told him I heard some squeaks in the dash and asked for him to check them out. Turns out, the entire upper dash is warped and has to be replaced. The good news is that the car is still under warranty. Has anyone had this done before? What are the things to look out for?

The engine is in tip top shape. I just love driving this beast.

Cincy

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
center vents behind radio panel are bad for rattles and noises:search:

Danno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a bad squeek in my 09 from the dashboard after just 100 miles on the car. So loud it was embarracing when I was giving someone a ride. It would go away if I pushed down on the center part of the dash. I had an aftermarket stereo and ipod cable installed at about 300 miles and the installer located the squeek and fixed it. He said there were two brackets touching and he put a small piece of sound deading material in between then and now its gone. :D

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pesky rattles are embarassing..i just eliminated one behind me drivers seat by the plastic and roll bar two days ago with a small peice of carpet..squeek was killin me

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defroster vent is the first place I would look, this has been a common problem since 03....I would definately check that before I let anybody rip the dash out warranty or not:nono:

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
heres the tba for the rattle i had it in all three of my vipers. a little bit of razor blade and foam done. have them look up the old tba and save you the hazard of removing the whole dash and the rattle will return

Interior - Rattles From Instrument Panel Area

NUMBER: 23-027-03
GROUP: Body
DATE: November 28, 2003
SUBJECT:
Instrument Panel Rattle Sound

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves modifying the IP center defroster duct.

MODELS:
2003 - 2004 (ZB) Viper
NOTE :This bulletin applies to vehicles built prior to November 1, 2003 (MDH 1101XX).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Rattle sound from IP defroster grille area may be heard when driving over rough road surfaces. The defroster duct flange is touching bottom of defrost grille and/or IP substrate.
DIAGNOSIS:
If the vehicle operator describes the Symptom, tapping on the IP near the defroster duct will cause the rattle sound and confirm the condition if present.
REPAIR PROCEDURE:
1.Remove the defroster grille from IP (using trim stick or equivalent).

2.Remove the defroster duct mounting screws (2) and defroster duct (Fig. 1).
3.Using snips/cutters, remove upstanding flange around entire outlet side of duct (Fig. 1).
4.Remove any loose debris from the defroster duct area.
5.Reinstall duct with two screws, tighten the screws to 1.6 - 2.2 Nm (14 - 20 in. lbs.).
6.Reinstall defroster grille making sure it is secure around entire outside edge.
POLICY:
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.

TIME ALLOWANCE:

FAILURE CODE:
Disclaimer This bulletin is supplied as technical information only and is not an authorization for repair.
[SIZE=-1]Copyright © 2006 ALLDATA LLC [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Terms of Use[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang