my day at the track...I need Kumhos

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
will keep it short, Atwood, KS holds a car show then takes the cars who want to participate and takes them to the airstrip. I thought the track was 1/4 racing but it turned out to 1/8 (sorta, most of us ran 1/4-3/4 mile).

Anyway, first car was an older Monte Carlo, blew him away.

2nd car, a pro-street GTO who runs 12.0-12.3 with slicks. Got to the line and launched. He hooked up, I didnt. Once I did, I stayed a car length behind.

3rd car, some older year Camaro with slicks. Again, he hooked I didnt. I did catch up with him at the end of the 1/8 and had we gone another 1/8 would have had him.

last race against a destroked 400 (377ci) with some type of radial. He got me off the line but I passed him at the end of the 1/8.

New mods did well as did the Woodhouse shifter, didnt miss anything. I was running about 35psi in the front, 24 in the rear with spare removed.

I think the Kumhos would have hooked better, what are the chances Kumhos and the mods listed below could break some halfshafts? If I would have had a supercharger most of these guys would have seen my taillights, ******** twin turbos and nobody at this event would have a chance and probably would have been in awe.

Anyway, a fun today and nothing broke, cant beat that.

OP
OP
D

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they dont record et's or 60', just mph which I couldnt hear and have no idea. its "supposed to be just for fun", ya right, what car lover who races his car isnt serious.

anyway, I had a blast and ran some cars which were modded for just such an event, put us on some twisties and these guys would have been toast. I think there were a couple hundred cars. in fact, the track (landing strip) was uphill with a headwind, and zero prep so all in all not bad. Did get quite a few kids getting their picture taken in front of the snake at the carshow and quite a few "thats my dreamcar" statements.

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I prefer to race with Michilin slicks.... but everyday driving switch to V700 Kuhmos all around, which hook well at the track, but not as good as the slicks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc