My dyno results from today's run

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dyno results from today\'s run

Well, we strapped my GTS down and ran him 3 times, and he made me a happy guy
You must be registered for see images

These numbers are CORRECTED.

My best run produced 414.8RWHP and 462.5RWTQ. My car is bone stock, except I replaced the rear muffler with straight pipes, and I installed K&N's and smooth tubes.

I was hoping for 420+ at the wheels in HP, but the torque was really high! Rick Martino ran his 2000 RT/10 and got 415.2RWHP and ~456RWTQ, and we have the same mods, except I removed the rear muffler, so overall I was quite happy.

What have others gotten in their cars? I just changed out the plugs and it really woke up the car, and I guess it worked because my dyno run was a good one!

I'll try to scan the graph sometime soon and post it.

BTW, we had a real good turnout at the dyno day. We had 14 cars show up, which is pretty **** good for December in New England. We had a ZR-1, a Z06, 3 C4 Vettes and the rest C5 Vettes... a real good turnout (but more of you Viper guys need to come out next time!)

OP
OP
M

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: My dyno results from today\'s run

Hi Rick,

Yep, was great to meet you too - nice lookin' Viper.

You're right - I got myself confused on your #'s. Actually, I looked at my sheet again, and my best run's peak torque was 462.5, my worst of the 3 runs was 457.6 so you won by a tad on HP, and I won by a tad on torque
We're REAL close though - 0.4hp and 5.8lb-ft is virtually identical.

I'll have to scan in my graph (and look at it more carefully next time), but at least we got good baselines now if we're doing any further work!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
What have others gotten in their cars?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am pleased to say that my car was pulling some pretty good numbers with the same mods (tubes, filters, and back muffler replaced with Snake Oyl pipes). Here is my graph:

<center>
</center>

These are corrected numbers, with the best results being 436.1 HP and 483.1 ft lbs of torque - all at the rear wheels. The bad thing is that this very strong motor is now sitting on a stand at Arrow being rebuilt. It was burning a LOT of oil, dang it. Hope it comes back as strong!

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My 97 GTS is similar with 422 SAE RWHP and 457 RWT with K&N's and Smooth tubes. Stock mufflers. Actual HP was higher. Has 13k miles and burns no oil :). Chris, I am sure your motor will come back even stronger after rebuild. Most seem to.

OP
OP
M

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here is a scan of my dyno chart... sorry it's a bit crunched.

I noticed that my power curve is almost identical to the other two graphs posted here. We all seem to have a drop in torque at about 4100rpm - any ideas where that comes from?

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sean Roe may be able to answer this. He did mention to me that the VEC 1 will eliminate this drop and it appears to do so on the dyno printouts I have seen on VEC 1 equipted cars.