My First Track Competition... GASP!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt, I really wanted to attend this event, but I have been on vacation in Florida.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your car! Keep me posted on the status of the event. I know of atleast 4 Vipers that would attend a Summitt Point event. We have been talking about setting something up.

Post it here when you do. I've been known to make some stupid trips in my day.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be in. Last test/tune i did with private individual had 5 cars & cost around $ 1,500.00

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Batboy it was good meeting you at Summit.I would have stayed but I was beat from our 4 hour enduro the night before and our championship celebration.If I knew you didnt have much time at Summit I would have stayed and helped you out , my bad sorry :( ....it looks like you turned in way way to early at turn 10 :( as long as you can learn from your track time its all good ..... about renting the track just remember it is very expensive and all the good dates are already booked......the good news is we have a date at LimeRock and NJ VCA has 2 dates at Pocono there is also PDA and EMRA and all the other clubs were you can get great track time. Keep up the seat time man and by the way your car looks hottttttttttt

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey after looking at the video I cant tell if you looked them up coming into the turn and couldn't turn in or if you turned in way early? what happened?

CO GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In a post run meeting my driving instructor, Roland Linder (Team ORECA LeMans, now drives an F40), was commenting on a guy who had just spun (lifted coming of a bank turn) and put his new F430 into a wall. He said that he had never spun in all of his decades of racing...never. Everyone in the room, including the other three instructors, was flabbergasted. I have never spun on the track but make seem to make it a common practice when autocrossing.

Shutdown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking foreward to returning to racing. I used to race every weekend 30 years ago, but my occupation took up all my time. Never again! The longer you're out there, the better you'll get. I'll be gobbling humble pie for who knows how long. I'll be there though!

Shutdown
2001 ACR
2002 Daytona #9 of 9, FEV #142

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we can't get an event of our own I figure we could just arrange a common event for all of us, like this time trial, and then take over. ;) I certainly keep everyone informed. I think I need a break first and enjoy the holidays. Maybe get some new parts for the snake to help me in those corners.

As for my spin I would venture to say it was a couple things. First, I have been hesitant on the breaks. I'm still learning the point at which the wheels will lock. On that spin I was trying to get more speed into the corner. But instead of carrying more speed I broke too late, got out of the race line and into the crap. I tried to save it by turning late but just couldn't stop. Carried into the gravel but I didn't want to go nose first for damage reasons. Turned the car and spun. I had managed to slow the car but once your out of the line... well you guys know. Just too much crap on those hot tires.

Simply put I need more practice. This is my first sports car ever and the first times I have driven road course. It will take some time, but I'll get there eventually, thanks to many of you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960