My first trip to the dragstrip.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all who made it to DA GROVE in Wisconsin today. It was my first time and I had a blast. It was a nice cool day too (55 degrees). Headwind wasn't that great but we all lived with it. I ran the snake 8 times. All of them were within 1-2 tenths of each other. Here was my best run with the K&N's off.

60' = 1.940
1/8 = 7.822
1/4 = 12.08
Mph = 113.9

My very first run was a 12.1. My Mph for the 12.08 run seemed to be low, most of us thought that their equipment may have been off but there were a few others who thought it was fine. Of all of the posts I've seen a 12.0, most are about 118-120mph. Maybe the headwind had something to do with it, or my inexperiance at racing... either way, great time! We need to do this again soon so I can break into the 11's....

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm. Were you shifting into 4th? Your ET is just fine, but your MPH is a good 3-4 MPH down from what I'd expect.

Either way, nice runs!!

OP
OP
S

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At first I wasn't and I would hit the rev limiter about 50 feet before the end. The wierd thing was that MOST of my mph's were low.113.9,112.8,114.9,115.1,118.2,112.5,112.0. The 118.24 had a 12.117 1/4 mile.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Odd... that sole 118mph run indicates you're making all the HP you should. Only thing I can think of given your excellent ETs is that your 2-3 or 3-4 shift might be a bit slow. I picked up 3mph after working on shift technique.

OP
OP
S

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I figured it out. My last run I thought was the best because I hit 4th nice and clean at the end. That's when I had the 118mph. All of the other runs have a low MPH due to me not going into 4th, hitting the rev limiter and coasting through the last 50-100 feet or so. Here's the numbers from my last run which are really not that different:

60' = 1.940
1/8 = 7.942
1/4 = 12.11
Mph = 118.24

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah! Yes, that makes perfect sense. You'll not change your ET much by staying in 3rd, but it will have a dramatic effect on MPH.

Congrats again on the runs, and on your healthy car!

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad U ran well SteveO,watched U run,saw your time slips and scratched my head(hey now),looking at your MPH.Glad U beat those supras,(fast & smooth).I should know better fabricating race components for the competition!That was Chris and Sal,one of our local thursday night club guys at UNO's,they ran 12.2's.Once owned a 95'comp/yellow vette with Nos,had to help out bruce,couldn't bare to see such a beautifull modded vette running 15;s.After telling him to take off like there's coffee in one hand he started running 12,5's,(was cool watching C5,auto burnout sideways to third gear).TOOOFST needs some tires for next time,and progressive nitrous computer.Spinning,uncontrollable wheel hop with the jump to 100hp shot.Best of [email protected]er last week with [email protected] with the 80 shot.All your ET is 1st through 2nd.Also SteveO my 12.4 was @ BYRON's track,known for better ET's.Didn't have wheel hop problems there.So lets try next week,their open Sat/Sun 10-6pm only.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correction BBBald pilots
laugh.gif

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on Steve, I told ya to shift to 4th!
smile.gif

Of course what idiot would take advise from a guy with a best of 12.46???

Got new rubber finally, ready to go. The difference on the street is amazing. My old rears were almost completely bald. Very Stupid to be driving like that!

Scott, I'll be up for this weekend. Call me!

OP
OP
S

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, Did you end up running your snake? We should try to pick a day to go to Byron. Who knows, I bet the wing will slow me down now. Hey Like Pablo said...."Congratulations for being the fastest-slowest in the 1/4." I think I have the whole shift thing down now, I'd be curious to see if I can get her into the 11's.

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

I did not make it. Too much to do getting the house ready for a party....

I still want to go once more before the weather hits. Just give me a call...

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone up for Saturday @ byron if the weathers good.Nitro-snake is ready.Bob,you'll kill your 12.46 ET.Issac ran consistant 12.1@119 in your car(blue/white 97')shifting like a granny!