My first weekend in the Viper

7amood5041

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the viper about a month ago and it had a few important issues to be addressed straight away. So it took me a full month to fix everything to make the car running in a good condition. I was taking my time, the issues were not that big if anyone was curious.

2nd of December is the UAE's national day so we had a 3 day weekend, Thursday to Saturday. It was the perfect opportunity to roll out my **** '93 RT/10. Wednesday night, I got the car ready and checked everything so I can cruise with it the whole day on Thursday. I went home on Wednesday and I couldn't stop thinking that tomorrow I would drive the car that I have always dreamed of owning.

On Thursday, 1st of December, I woke up and I went to my car directly, made my final inspection and started the engine. I drove it around my house to check it. It was ready for the night celebrations. I anxiously waited with the biggest smile on face till night so I can go and join the celebrations.

Let me talk about what 2nd of December means in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The UAE is a country made of 7 states (AKA Emirates) and formed the union 40 years ago against all odds and against the will of adjacent countries. These Emirates are Abu Dhabi (the UAE capital), Dubai (the business and tourism hub), Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Umm Al Qawain and Fujairah. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahayan and Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum are considered the founding fathers of the country. They are the late rulers of Abu Dhabi and Dubai respectively. Sheikh Zayed was also the late ruler of the UAE. So it's a pretty big thing here but enough with the history lesson.

So celebration time came and I started my car and I went to Jumairah road, which is consider the cruising road in Dubai and were all celebrations usually happen. The place was packed and it was full blown psychotic. I've never seen the whole country happy. Everyone was celebrating, Emiratis and non-Emiratis. All nationalities were out in their cars driving around with spaghetti spray brought from any small grocery on the side of the road and spraying other cars. All the cars had stickers of the rulers and late rules, the UAE flag and the national emblem. So I was driving my viper, and where ever I look I see someone admiring my car. Be it a small child or the child's father or even old people. I would drive next to a Maserati Gran Sport and people would give me more attention. I pass across a group of guys and they scream "VIPERRRRR!!!!" or I pass a car with kids and they shout "GIVE IT!!!!". I respond with a good rev to a clap or a cheer from them. It was unbelievable. I was always the center of attention on the road.

However, it was very crowded and it was all stop and go traffic. At some point a guy who was on the roof of this car look at me and said, "God help you, it a manual..." I looked at him and smiled. He replied saying that he didn't spray me with the spaghetti spray because he felt sorry for me and he also gave me a can of the spray. I thought that was a funny experience, I doubt it would happen to any other car. I gave the spray that was given to me to some kid in a random car because he asked for it and he started spraying on all the people around him.

I've never had so much fun with just driving a car, usually you would have to try to do something to get attention and have fun. But with this car, just drive it. That's enough.

Now, this is the first manual car that I ever owned, so I would talk about the driving experience. It is one of the easiest manual car that I have ever driven. I've driven a number of manual cars but I never imagined that the viper would be so easy. Just let go of the clutch and it starts moving and gentle tap the accelerator and that's it. Although I hate the 1-4 thing, its kinda annoying. The shifting is easy, the clutch it not tough and the right pedal is just sex... that's the only word that could describe it.

Sitting in the car is just another experience, hearing the exhaust is something to remember a lifetime, feeling the bumps on the road is exhilarating, the look of the car, the lines, simply put... everything. Its just perfection. The viper is perfection. God what a car. It surpasses every logical expectation I ever had for it.

When I had enough of cruising I headed home and I tried to sleep, my adrenaline levels were too high for that, I stayed a few hours in bed till I could actually sleep.

In short, everything that I ever imagined in this car, double it then multiply it by 8.0 and that's about what it actually is. What a car.

I just thought I would share my experience and hope to listen to others first cruise in their snake.
Excuse any bad English or grammar mistakes. English is my 2nd language.

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great story. Viper rules! BTW, your English is excellent. Got any pics?

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear you had a great first drive with your car! As Redblack stated your English is fine and please post some pictures when you get time!

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the skip shift delete, easy modification. You will be able to go 1-2-3-4-5-6. Literally a plug in deal.

GTS Warp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spent my first night in the garage with the Viper, the dog, rock n roll, and brew. The wife hung out until she realized I wasn't coming back in the house! :D

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great story and can't wait for the pics. My first Viper was a Gen 1 as well and I'll never forget her...

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good times. My first viper experience was a good while ago. I bought my 'dream' car, checked it out mechanically then took if for a 1200 mile road trip! Back in '00 these cars were extremely rare and my gen 1 twisted necks so hard I thought some would break!

cheers..

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great story and I'm glad you are enjoying the Viper... it brings back great memories for each of us as we recall the 1st time we took our cars out on the road.

garyw1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll keep you posted. I bought my first Viper 3 weeks ago from out of State and I'll tell you its been the longest 3 weeks of my life. This trip from Wisconsin to So. Cal. shouldnt take this long ,but the good news , It will roll out of the truck this morning, I'll have the camera going, I'm excited

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll keep you posted. I bought my first Viper 3 weeks ago from out of State and I'll tell you its been the longest 3 weeks of my life. This trip from Wisconsin to So. Cal. shouldnt take this long ,but the good news , It will roll out of the truck this morning, I'll have the camera going, I'm excited

I bet you're really siked!:)

killerviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ah yes Jumeirah road gets pretty crazy on national day. I remember last time I was there at that time of year that road had cars racing, people of the roof of landcruisers and was just jam packed with nice cars, honking, flags, window paint, blinkers, etc etc

Glad your RT10 was out n about, next time I come out there we should meet up

OP
OP

7amood5041

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are some very bad cell phone pictures before I go to the celebrations but they are the only thing I have.
You must be registered for see images attach

I desperately need to buy a camera...
The picture on the hood is Sheikh Zayed, the pic on the trunk is the National emblem and the car has 40 on both door cuz the UAE turned 40 :D

OP
OP

7amood5041

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ah yes Jumeirah road gets pretty crazy on national day. I remember last time I was there at that time of year that road had cars racing, people of the roof of landcruisers and was just jam packed with nice cars, honking, flags, window paint, blinkers, etc etc

Glad your RT10 was out n about, next time I come out there we should meet up

Whenever you come PM and we should definitely meet up.

killerviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
7amood5041

Deffo, Im glad that there is a Viper guy from dubai here. I took a pic of my old Evo9 on national day back in 2009 right before I left back to the states, as you can see the flag is all over. post up more pix of your viper!

You must be registered for see images