My good deed for the day

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my best friend's is a fireman and he called me earlier and said they were outside Wal-Mart collecting for MDA. It was a beautiful day so I took the Viper out there just to say hey. I was talking to one of the other fireman and he told me to pull it up behind the firetruck to gather some attention to them. I pulled it up and popped the hood. Since I didnt have any other plans, I stayed with them for the next 2.5 hours and gave rides to anyone who donated $5 or more. It was a lot of fun and still amazes me how much attention a 10 year old Dodge can get :) . I'm not sure how much money they made but it was a good bit. As the firemen were leaving, a woman and her son (a Viper fanatic)walked up and she paid the $5 for him to ride and then asked me to stay until her husband could get there with their other kid (another Viper fanatic). When him and his dad pulled up, his dad barely got the car stopped before he jumped out and ran up to the Viper. During his ride (I took everyone to the place where all the ricers race on the weekend and really got on the gas), he told me he was already saving up for his Viper and already had $300 in the bank. Both of them were almost speechless after their rides and their mom thanked me for bringing them back in one piece :D I let them pose for a lot of pics beside and in the car and the whole experience seemed like it really made their day :2tu: . They reminded me so much of myself when I was young and would spot a Viper. All in all, it was a really fun day and I got to help out a great cause :2tu:

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've had a similar opportunity and man what a great feeling for everyone; I'm still not sure who had the most fun them or me?
Great job Chad!

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is what makes kids dream and remember that first time in or around a special car. I remember as a kid the number of times that I could not touch a cool car cause the owner did not want finger prints---Please do not touch.

We had a local Special Olympics a couple of weeks ago where they asked for the local Viper club to attend.

I am one of those who is a fanatic about keeping the car clean, etc. But the one thing I told myself was that when it came to kids they get to touch/sit in the car regardless of the event.

This event was huge. 6 Vipers showed up and I bet each Viper had no less than 50 kids in and out of the car. To see the grins and hoop'n and holler'n and honking of the horns was a blast.

Right next to use was the state troopers area. Several of the kids got their pics with a patrolman giving them a ticket. (Of course I told the cop not to touch the car...jk) One got written up for 160 mph. I think the parents have something to remember as well.

Its great to hear these kinds of stories and it always reminds me that making one kid happy is worth the time it takes to clean it up.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chad !!! My Mom has MD and there is nothing they have found to help so far. What's really sad is seeing the kids at the MDA clinic.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chad !!! My Mom has MD and there is nothing they have found to help so far. What's really sad is seeing the kids at the MDA clinic.

It was my pleasure. I enjoyed it as much as the people who I took for rides. I'm a big sucker when it comes to helping out any charity, especially one as important as MDA. The MDA telethon isnt until September, so I'm sure the firemen will be back out collecting a few more times and anytime I have the opportunity to join them, I'll be back out there with the Snake :headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang