My GTS Shipped to CPE TURBO!

1Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The time has finally come and Paolo came down Friday the 8th to pick up my GTS for my side mount twin turbo install. :D

Two words to describe Paolo: Awesome Guy! :headbang:
So I met up with Paolo at Greg Good's place (great guy too) and from there proceded to my house.

Before Paolo came down I had the car dynoed for a baseline and it made 435 rwhp and 470 ft lbs of torque...not bad for smooth tubes, filters and exhaust with hi-flo's. :2tu:
Paolo did a leak down on the motor first and the motor came in strong between 8-13% on each cylinder.
We spent most of the day trouble shooting a driver door latching issue that I was having and found out a few of the wires in the door harness got crimped and cut due to usage. That was a drag...:crazy2:
Viper Jimmy dropped in and fixed the issue. Jimmy will be tuning the AEM when the car comes back. Great guy and he knows his Viper Sh*t !!!
We proceded after the door and ripped the cat-back exhaust off because we are converting the car to a side pipe car with 4 inch exhaust (want it to sound loud and mean:D).
From there we loaded the car up in the enclosed trailer.

Upgrade list for the turbo kit include:
Twin Side mount turbo's
Twin blow off valves
Side mount intercoolers (much larger than center mount) installed behind the fog's
AEM computer w/boost controller
Custom fuel system w/ extra Walbro pump to handle 1000hp plus w/ 75 lb. injectors Methanol injection
Upgrade drivetrain parts list that will be done at CPE include:
Spec 3 Plus clutch
Uni-Trax 800 hp half shafts
Eibach springs with spring cups
Upgraded brake pads

Paolo should be done with the install in about a month and some change and will return the car back to me...:eater:

From there it will be time to test and tune this thing... Goal is to get 750 plus with the methanol injection (Viper Jimmy on the tune with the AEM). More on that later when I get the car back.:headbang:

I will post some pics of the install as Paolo progresses with the build.:2tu:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
750 hp is waaay too conservative. You'll probably end up with around 8-900rwhp.

OP
OP

1Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
750 hp is waaay too conservative. You'll probably end up with around 8-900rwhp.

I would like to hope for 800 plus rwhp with the Methanol...:2tu:

Paolo mentioned your car as well. Don't you have the Stryker heads on yours? Greg Good said that would be the way to go when I start the engine re-build process.

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm happy to see CPE getting more customers. You will not be let down. His side mount kit is by far the best bang-4-buck out in Twin Turbo Viper systems. Nobody can come close to his price. *ONLY* 750rwhp????...that boost will be low...real low. I think the same system made 900rwhp on pump gas, no ****...but I could just be getting old... :D

Paolo works hard for his customers. When I go for my 300mph run, guess who's big twin front mount system will be on my car....that's right...CPE.

OP
OP

1Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you plan on keeping the casties in there for now?

Yes for now...that's why I'm going with the Methanol injection. ;)

Next year's project (2009) will be to pull the motor and set it up with billet main caps, forged rods/pistons and a set of Stryker heads with shaft mount roller rockers. Not sure which cam yet but Paolo and I are going to work on the spec sheet in the near future.

I would love to see 850 rwhp now with the cream puff and next year with the built motor...1300 rwhp with these turbo's would be CRAZY!!!:omg:

Last edited:

JG01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another Cast CPE Twin Turbo on the streets soon I see, great choice!

Bruce you are going to have a big problem with your car as I do and that's finding (creating) enough time to drive it. Your car is going to pull like a freight train everytime you ask it to.

Congrats and keep us posted.

RWHP Cast TT World Record in the making? I think so! :2tu:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo mentioned your car as well. Don't you have the Stryker heads on yours? Greg Good said that would be the way to go when I start the engine re-build process.

Yeah, got the Strikers. I think they contribute a lot to the HP equation. They flow so well that you need less boost to make the same amount of power. Plus with the hard intake piping change it flows a lot better now.

I'm wondering why you would put turbos on before rebuilding the engine. It almost seems backwards. I guess you can blow it up with the current system then just rebuild it later with better components.:headbang:

OP
OP

1Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, got the Strikers. I think they contribute a lot to the HP equation. They flow so well that you need less boost to make the same amount of power. Plus with the hard intake piping change it flows a lot better now.

I'm wondering why you would put turbos on before rebuilding the engine. It almost seems backwards. I guess you can blow it up with the current system then just rebuild it later with better components.:headbang:

Trust me the thought of "blowing" it up has crossed my mind. I want to get the TT kit first then learn the power and in the mean time save up some more cash then get the bottom redone the right way with the Stryker heads I'm even thinking of going with a differant intake based on what Paolo and I have discussed.;)

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The time has finally come and Paolo came down Friday the 8th to pick up my GTS for my side mount twin turbo install. :D

Two words to describe Paolo: Awesome Guy! :headbang:
So I met up with Paolo at Greg Good's place (great guy too) and from there proceded to my house.

Before Paolo came down I had the car dynoed for a baseline and it made 435 rwhp and 470 ft lbs of torque...not bad for smooth tubes, filters and exhaust with hi-flo's. :2tu:
Paolo did a leak down on the motor first and the motor came in strong between 8-13% on each cylinder.
We spent most of the day trouble shooting a driver door latching issue that I was having and found out a few of the wires in the door harness got crimped and cut due to usage. That was a drag...:crazy2:
Viper Jimmy dropped in and fixed the issue. Jimmy will be tuning the AEM when the car comes back. Great guy and he knows his Viper Sh*t !!!
We proceded after the door and ripped the cat-back exhaust off because we are converting the car to a side pipe car with 4 inch exhaust (want it to sound loud and mean:D).
From there we loaded the car up in the enclosed trailer.

Upgrade list for the turbo kit include:
Twin Side mount turbo's
Twin blow off valves
Side mount intercoolers (much larger than center mount) installed behind the fog's
AEM computer w/boost controller
Custom fuel system w/ extra Walbro pump to handle 1000hp plus w/ 75 lb. injectors Methanol injection
Upgrade drivetrain parts list that will be done at CPE include:
Spec 3 Plus clutch
Uni-Trax 800 hp half shafts
Eibach springs with spring cups
Upgraded brake pads

Paolo should be done with the install in about a month and some change and will return the car back to me...:eater:

From there it will be time to test and tune this thing... Goal is to get 750 plus with the methanol injection (Viper Jimmy on the tune with the AEM). More on that later when I get the car back.:headbang:

I will post some pics of the install as Paolo progresses with the build.:2tu:

Bruce, thank you for the kind words!

You have a beautiful Sapphire GTS and I can't wait to begin the installation!

It should be fun to make you a safe rocket sled for the street!

I will keep everybody posted!:2tu:

Bruce, thank you again for all your hospitality!

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car is going to be Great!

Looking forward to posting it on the website!

CPETurbos.com

Congrats Bruce!

Jay K.

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good deal Bruce, and this is they way to do it... get used to the power on the cast pistons boefre for going all out with the forged bottom end 1300+ HP. Of course at that point (on a good track) you'll have an 8 sec car on your hands. :D
Enjoy the TT car when you get it back and dont forget to post the kill vids. :2tu:

OP
OP

1Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some pics of FANGZZ being delivered to CPE TURBO:headbang:

PI5Send1_85_.Jpg

PI5Send2_76_.Jpg

PI5Send4_72_.Jpg

PI5Send5_66_.Jpg

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will love the TWIN TURBO. It is the way Dodge should have built it, ha. :2tu:

My toy is 2006 SRT-10 Coupe, red w/white stripes, RSI TWIN TURBO. I love this Viper and my wife has a 1996 GTS Coupe, blue w/white stripes, stock. Be safe, that TWIN TURBO will get away from you in a New York minute. :drive: :omg: :D

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey that looks a lot like my car on the ground... I think it is...

Tom, that is your car!

We just need a decent day to do some driveability with the hard piping this coming weekend with Mr Donovan and your car is coming back to you!

Bruce, I will call you later on today!

OP
OP

1Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will love the TWIN TURBO. It is the way Dodge should have built it, ha. :2tu:

My toy is 2006 SRT-10 Coupe, red w/white stripes, RSI TWIN TURBO. I love this Viper and my wife has a 1996 GTS Coupe, blue w/white stripes, stock. Be safe, that TWIN TURBO will get away from you in a New York minute. :drive: :omg: :D

Thanks for the advice on the driving:drive:

I'm sure there will some relearning to drive this beast.

Nice combo for you and your wife. I'm sure you guys have alot of fun cruising around together on the weekends or a nice sunny day:2tu:

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:eater::2tu:Thanx.... Yes, we have been members since 1999. I first had a 1997 GTS, was a diehard Corvette guy till I got introduced to the world of Viper,ha. (After 24 vettes since 1970)

I wanted to make sure I have the new Corvette ZR1 625 h.p. covered. My Viper runs high 9s 1/4 mi, 0-60 in 2.9 and will top end at 215 with the 3.07 gear and street tires and running only 5 lbs of boost doing this safely to keep my motor together.

My wifes stock GTS (with smooth tubes and K&N filters runs 12.20 1/4mi and 7.80 1/8th mi stock with the street tires.

Vipers are our entertainment and we are Venom members of the VCA....

Happy Vipering.......Enjoy!!!

OP
OP

1Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:eater::2tu:Thanx.... Yes, we have been members since 1999. I first had a 1997 GTS, was a diehard Corvette guy till I got introduced to the world of Viper,ha. (After 24 vettes since 1970)

I wanted to make sure I have the new Corvette ZR1 625 h.p. covered. My Viper runs high 9s 1/4 mi, 0-60 in 2.9 and will top end at 215 with the 3.07 gear and street tires and running only 5 lbs of boost doing this safely to keep my motor together.

My wifes stock GTS (with smooth tubes and K&N filters runs 12.20 1/4mi and 7.80 1/8th mi stock with the street tires.

Vipers are our entertainment and we are Venom members of the VCA....

Happy Vipering.......Enjoy!!!

I've had a couple of Vettes myself and still like them but you can't beat the Viper's rawness:2tu:

Those are amazing numbers!:omg: I'm looking forward to some track time (1/4 mile) to see what I can click off with this setup. What was your mile per hour with the 9 second run on radial? 145plus?

OP
OP

1Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installing some key essentials with CPE...Here is the Spec 3 plus clutch:2tu:

engine3.Jpg

Cleaning the engine compartment before Paolo installs the turbo's...

engine.Jpg

engine21.Jpg

engine4.Jpg

Paolo's detailing is impressive...Paolo may consider this as an additional side job to installing the insane turbo kit's...LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960