Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else with a factory Gen4 hood having a problem like this? :confused:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man that *****. Guess I am not the only one that has had problems but not like this. I would get it to a good Dodge dealer and have replaced under warranty right away. One that also has a vey good paint dept. I would not just let them "fill it in" either but a new hood.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You gotta stop doing those **** photo-shoots of girls on your hood!

I suspect that if 100 owners remove 200 front hood vents [for some reason,] 17 of em might discover the same thing under the same macro-magnification.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suspect that if 100 owners remove 200 front hood vents [for some reason,] 17 of em might discover the same thing under the same macro-magnification.

agree 100%. maybe even 37 of them :D. I would not paint and replace an entire hood for that. But thats me.. Always keep the factory paint as long as possible.

what if you get a new hood replaced under warranty, and the shade it slightly different.... that would be much easier to spot than that little crack.

OP
OP
V

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You gotta stop doing those **** photo-shoots of girls on your hood!

That's pretty funny. Hot women laying on the hood of my car would be a plausible explanation. Unfortunately, that has never occurred.

Removed the hood vents over a year ago and it wasn't there then. It wasn't there the last time I detailed the car which was in October before I parked it for the winter. At least it hadn't separated yet. Crack may have been there all along. I know every square inch of that car. I would have noticed this a long time ago.

What my "macro-magnification" doesn't show is the crack is over the top edge. The paint hasn't separated yet but it will and I suspect the cracking will most likely continue.

This car was far from perfect when I bought it. There are things I'm willing to live with but cracking body panels are not one of them.

Last edited:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you make a warranty claim, or get a new hood, and the paint doesn't match, then you always have the option of sticking with what you got and put some good epoxy on it...

I had a new front clip painted for future use, as mine is getting beat up with track use, and the paint matches perfectly. Just get the right paint codes from Woodhouse. I also can give them to you if you need them.

OP
OP
V

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you make a warranty claim, or get a new hood, and the paint doesn't match, then you always have the option of sticking with what you got and put some good epoxy on it...

I had a new front clip painted for future use, as mine is getting beat up with track use, and the paint matches perfectly. Just get the right paint codes from Woodhouse. I also can give them to you if you need them.

Constructive advice! I appreciate it. :2tu: