*** My Idle Hang... FIXED!!****

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a year of annoying idle hang, for the 1st time driving my car, it didn't happen. I noticed that my idle hang was more of a cable, spring, mechanical issue than filter / motor / connector, etc. Because when idle hang would occur, I would put foot under accelerator and lift up and when pedal dropped back down, the high idle would stop....

What I did was take the braket with two bolts in it located on top of the driver side of the intake manifold. I loosened the bolts and the cable "snapped" back (actually forward) about 1/4" to 1/2". I tighted the plate back up, WD-40'd the springs very well along with the rod between the TB's. I then took brake cleaning fluid and cleaned the IAC Motor and blew it out.

IMO, it was giving the throttle cable more slack, the spring, and cleaning the IAC motor was just more of a maintanence thingy.

No more hanging idle! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hope this helps out anyone else that may have it...

Gerald

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No more hanging idle! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hope this helps out anyone else that may have it...

Gerald
Man you guys in Florida seem to have problems with something "hanging". First it's hanging chads now it's hanging idles, what next?! :D :D :D J/K Gerald, glad to hear you found the solution to your hanging.........

Mike

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what I have found on all cars with larger Throttle bodies the accu fabs do not have a strong enough return spring. I have also found the the PCM will hould the rpms up slightly till your car drops below 20 km/h or about 15 mph.

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, with sooo many ppl suffering w/ this, I thought this would get more responses. I'm curious it this would help more ppl..

Gerald

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald, Would you give more details on how to clean the IAC? I have a 95 and don't understand how to do this. Thanks, Craig