DSCN0792.JPG

DSCN0790.JPG

DSCN0789.JPG

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are painted and cleared, I cant stand always having to sand those damn letters. A guy about 40 minutes away in a small town did them. He does very good work.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks sweet man,wish I could decide whether to go for a Gen IV or stay with my GenII as there are alot of things like that I would do.

YLW DRM2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are painted and cleared, I cant stand always having to sand those damn letters. A guy about 40 minutes away in a small town did them. He does very good work.
Wow these look great, specially the yellow ones :). I want them too. Question though, you said these are painted, wouldn't the high engine heat in time burn the paint?

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow these look great, specially the yellow ones :). I want them too. Question though, you said these are painted, wouldn't the high engine heat in time burn the paint?

I thought so too, but I now one thats 2 years old and another thats a year old with no problems. I think we are safe. Thats why I did them, I assume they use high heat paint.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You stole my idea! :)

Looks great and please post a pic with them on. I was seriously considering doing this as well but was going to go the powder coated route due to high heat or so I thought. Very interesting that there are no issues, thus far.

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The yellow car is a doug levin 1000 hp car, so if its not melting there, I think im okay.

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The yellow car is a doug levin 1000 hp car, so if its not melting there, I think im okay.

That explains why that Paxton setup looks different than mine. I was wondering why there was a filter on the actual s/c. Your valve covers look very sharp!!!

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That explains why that Paxton setup looks different than mine. I was wondering why there was a filter on the actual s/c. Your valve covers look very sharp!!!

That car is y2k5srt's car. I can't believe he hasn't commented, he normally keeps a watchful eye on my posts, I get in trouble alot.:devteeth:

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good quality paint is fine at or below 260 degrees:2tu: I haven't had any issues so far with the ones we've done.
You must be registered for see images attach

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I meant to say he charged 75.00 cash. Im trying to help you out mike.

LOL:lmao: I was already thinking of subbing out to him:dunno: Now it's a NO BRAINER!!!:headbang::D Honestly, he's making ZERO by charging $250 IMO
I would bet he's doing it for the "fun factor" or not paying his guys very much per hour or job. It does look like nice work btw

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the look of those valve covers. Much nicer looking than the p/c. Its a new mod to add to my list:rolaugh:

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good quality paint is fine at or below 260 degrees:2tu: I haven't had any issues so far with the ones we've done. Those look nice.
You must be registered for see images attach

Are these cleared? I like the fact that I shouldnt have to worry about the siler oxidizing. I always hate that, no matter what you do, it looks like crap a few months later.

YLW DRM2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought so too, but I now one thats 2 years old and another thats a year old with no problems. I think we are safe. Thats why I did them, I assume they use high heat paint.

Do you think "your" guy will go for the group buy :). I see a lot of interest on this site.