My New Garage

VNMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I have finally completed about 90% of my garage. All that is left is to put up some slat wall in the utility room, hang some cabinets, install the sink, and set up my work bench. Most of this stuff is going to have to wait a few months because...dammnnnnnn...electricians and builders are expensive! Anyway, here are some pictures.

5097More_Viper_007-med.jpg

5097More_Viper_014-med.jpg

5097More_Viper_022-med.jpg

5097More_Viper_023-med.jpg

The Revolution lift is perfect for my limited space. I found a really cool garage door opener--it is two synchronized motors that run on the track so there is nothing anywhere near the car. The lighting is great, I set it up with several lights on a 45 degree angles like a paint booth. The best part though is the 22000 BTU heat/AC/dehumdifier.

5097More_Viper_009-med.jpg

5097More_Viper_012-med.jpg

I posted this over on the gen 3 forum. Here is the link, there are a couple more pictures there and some more information if anyone is interested.

web page

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the way you have the lights in the corners. Now that I got a Viper, I'm planning on adding several more lights too. My next house is definately going to have a lift in it. Good job!

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The light are great, there seems to be never enough light in a garage, you definately fixed that. Congrats!

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
VNMOUS,

That's a cool garage. You definitely put some thought into it with great results. It's a shame you have to postpone finishing, but you're right about contractor's costs. Hope you get to finish it quickly.
Oh, the Vipers look good, too!

Paul

:headbang:

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It looks to me like you converted a two-car garage (horizontally) to a two-car garage (vertically). Not criticising, as it does look great, but just wondering if my perception is correct? (I guess it gives you more floor space, eh?)

OP
OP
V

VNMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The lift was 3800 installed. There is a group buy periodically where you can get it cheaper by a few hundred bucks.

Yes, it is a 2 car garage; now vertical instead of horizontal. I now have space for compressed air, workbenches, sinks, refrigerators, etc.

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:from SRT forum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, as I can't remember if the new house I am building is 9 or 10ft. Got me thinking about space with all these cool photos, even if it would have to be down the road a bit, before I thought about it.

Love the garage and the floor looks dynamite.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am building a garage and I plan on working under the car. I am using 12 foot side walls with scissor truss to give a bit more space. 5/12 pitch on the truss. I hated having to crouch while working on my vehicles! Just a thought. Also using a follow the roof track will keep the door out of the way if your door is not as tall as the ceiling.
Also found the garage door openers here. www.aaaremotes.com/miracleinstruments.html - 25k Nice not having a door opener track in the way.

--------------------

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I have finally completed about 90% of my garage. All that is left is to put up some slat wall in the utility room, hang some cabinets, install the sink, and set up my work bench. Most of this stuff is going to have to wait a few months because...dammnnnnnn...electricians and builders are expensive! Anyway, here are some pictures.

The Revolution lift is perfect for my limited space. I found a really cool garage door opener--it is two synchronized motors that run on the track so there is nothing anywhere near the car. The lighting is great, I set it up with several lights on a 45 degree angles like a paint booth. The best part though is the 22000 BTU heat/AC/dehumdifier.

Fantastic! What manufacturer's unducted split heat pump did you use? I plan on replacing my wall mounted A/C with one this fall. I'm digging the ditch right now to go from overhead wires to a buried service entrance. I wish I lived near you, I'd work a lot cheaper than your electricians and builders ;)

Same lift as I put in!!! I see a question on the lift cost, I paid approx $3200 during a group buy for an XLT (longer, wider, taller) delivered, three buddy's and I put it together in about three hours (+/-). A few nice things about this lift is all the safety latches are inside the posts to prevent pinch points and it is plenty wide between the posts for easy Viper drive-on. It also cames with extended 44" ramps, two drip trays, two jack trays and even two matching wheel chocks. I love mine, I'm sure you'll love yours.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It also cames with extended 44" ramps, two drip trays, two jack trays and even two matching wheel chocks. I love mine, I'm sure you'll love yours.

Are you sure about this? My local Revolution dealers says everything, as well as the ramps, costs extra. Was this just for the group buy or was this the way all Revolution lifts come?

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I don't know how to do the quote thing, but I was thinking the same thing as Randy.
I have a similar garage 25'x25' and currently I can fit 3 cars in if I back-in the two at the ends. That's why I haven't persued the garage lift idea.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very Nice!!!

I was in on the Revolution Group Buy and just yesterday got my garage plans approved at the city. We are supposed to start the demolition process next week, then about 6 weeks later my new garage should be up...
What floor did you use?, that looks sweeeet.
And I hope you dont mind if I steal the lighting idea..

My garage will have a 12 ft ceiling and I am planning on using one of those side mounted openers....
Cant wait to post pics when it is done...

Cheers,

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It also cames with extended 44" ramps, two drip trays, two jack trays and even two matching wheel chocks. I love mine, I'm sure you'll love yours.

Are you sure about this? My local Revolution dealers says everything, as well as the ramps, costs extra. Was this just for the group buy or was this the way all Revolution lifts come?

I'm sitting here right now staring at it (still have not finished the office addtion portion of the shop, so one car bay is my office :) ) Here is the link to the original group buy, and one to another thread by a person that bought during the buy. It included everything, even shipping. A lot of folks took advantage. I had been looking for a lift for over three years, Revolution was on the top of my list, I did not think I could afford one, but this deal came along, and I took the plunge.

Original Group Buy Post

Yellow Lift

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Vnmous,

What type off floor is that...Race deck??
How was it to install??
Is it slippery??
Is the lift sitting on top of the flooring?
Sorry for being a pest..

Cheers,

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960