My New HREs

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First up, a big thank you to Bruce for hooking these up. He got the tires dismounted, the wheels polished, the tires remounted and balanced AND threw in a set of EBC Reds he had laying around, not to mention working with me on payment, timing, etc.

Another thank you to Aaron for driving HIS SUV down there and sticking around for 15 hours while we swapped brakes, fixed my Roe and put these things on. He snapped the pics for me on the test drive.

With the Intrax springs and the caps, the front is the same height but the rear rubs BAD...especially with my fat ass in there. There are bulges in the sidewall so I may be needing new tires anyway, in which case I'm going to be looking for Nittos. I'm going to pull the caps tomorrow regardless.

I talk too much...anyway, here are the pics!

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jasontiff, your snake looks "awesome". It truly brings back memories of my last 98GTS, same color as yours. Enjoy your Roe, Sean is the best when it comes to that system.....Enjoy!

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, that viper looks mean with the drop and the wheels...

R

RTED

OUTSTANDING PHOTOGRAPHY WORK!......and your Snake looks good too!

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the car looks phenomenal!

Have you considering getting rid of the amber on the back? You can put a piece of red see-through tape over the amber piece and I think it will make the rear look even better.

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very nice Jason!! Did you fix your blower?

Yessir. I woke up at 6 to go get the wheels 3 hours away in Katy, got back around 2, then spent the next 5 hours changing brake pads, getting the wheels on and putting my blower back together. The rear is waaaaaaaaay too low so I didn't get on it at all but the clunking is gone.

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for all of their compliments! I've always loved my Vipers but had NO idea that wheels and lowering would be this much of a wow factor. I can't believe how much more I love the look of this thing now.

Tailwag, do you have any more info on the tail light technique? Do you completely remove it so you can't see the seams on the tape or do you just carefully cut around it?

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One more; you can see how low the damn thing is. I don't like the pic as much cuz you can't see the stripes, but thought I'd add it anyway.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CAN'T wait to see this thing in person...always loved that wheel combo!!! :)

awesome look man...simply awesome!