My thoughts on the 2003 Viper

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was one, of many, who posted negative comments after seeing the 2003 at the Detroit show. I was very dissapointed like many current owners. But, having been to MIS with a 2003 on the track with us and I have started to change my opinion. It is not as dramatic and I don't think it will have the classic appeal that we have, but it looked good on the track, it looked like a nice convertible, but not a bad *** roadster like the RTs.
So while I won't go buy one, it is not as bad as my first impression. I think others will like it more after seeing in on the road and we all must appreciate the power and the handling that Dodge is giving the SRT. They will be Vipers, like ours, so we need to accept them and respect what they can do, represent us well against the new Vettes that are comming.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After reading the press release I have to say I am not really that impressed with the hp. 500crank HP is easy to attain with a Gen II. The 220 mph speedo is also unimpressive. The thing that realy impressed me was the braking. 60 to zero in < 100 feet! If this is true it will be the best braking car currently produced. 10 feet less than a 360 Modena. That is really impressive!!!!!

but the look.......ugh